Is this an luxeon 1W or 3W old stock, see photo

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought an "Electrolumems Blaster 1R" years ago, it is supposedly 1W , but it was pulling over 1000ma 1W is 350ma , so 750ma was being lost somewhere.

So i bought an BADBOY 400 Booster, and replaced the original board, but i cannot remember if i changed the emitter from an 1W to an 3W

Can an BADBOY 400 run an 3W, I cannot find any information it is so old.

Thanks

John.

JmZIMEb.jpg

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had a look at both 1W and 3W Luxeon and i can't tell the difference by appearance. You could test the output which would confirm if you have replaced the LED.

I have no information regarding the BADBOY 400 booster.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure which Lux is in your pic, IIRC the Lux III had 2 leads?
The BadBoy should be fine, here is a flow chart from one of Bernie's very informative threads. EDIT: Depending on how many cells the light uses? 3v max..

e640_converterboardcomparison01.jpg

Last edited:

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
It`s an 2D flashlight using alkaline battery`s and it is pulling 1.27A on the 10A setting on my DMM , The only light-meter i have is an DMM with an light-meter built in, It has an Lux and an x10Lux setting but i don't know how to correctly setup to measure lumens.

Thanks for the help.

John.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks

The original booster board was extremely inefficient and pulled over 1A when only powering the stock 1W emitter, So i bought the badboy 400 booster and i must have put in an 3W emitter and now it still pulls over 1A but with more lux output.

I changed the stock optics for a deep stippled reflector years ago, and i glued the head in place as i did not see the need to open it up again, I could get it open as i did not go over the top with the glue.

John.

Last edited: