is windows vista a big huge bug?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I don't want an operating system that tells me what I'm allowed to play, or tries to do tings for me automatically. The operating system''s job is to allow me to use my hardware... in any way I choose.

YES.

This is just disgusting.

The more I think about it, the more it occurs to me that I might have to switch to Linux, even though I am a dumb user. THis angers me. It costs my most precious resource ... time. For this, I am starting to hate MS.

A friend told me that DRM is coming to the MAC, too, so no luck there either.

bernie

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i trust a alpha relase of linux before i trust a relased version of windows. btw here is how most linyux os are realsed first there alpha realses thebeta then rc1 and rc2 . not always that way but a lot of times it is that way linux whenits is realsed is usaly very stable im about to install ubuntu 7.10 beta soon as i finsh what im working on

marianne

Newly Enlightened
thats why i like linux.there a lot better if ya ask me
yep, i gave up on windows because of win98! moved to linux, been very happy with it, going to get a macbook soon, and every version of windows *since* 98 i've seen, played around with, and hated, definitely including vista. "windows needs your permission to click the start button. windows needs your permission to close a window. windows needs your permission to ask for your permission."

greenLED

Flashaholic
I don't want an operating system that tells me what I'm allowed to play, or tries to do tings for me automatically. The operating system''s job is to allow me to use my hardware... in any way I choose.
...which has been the main reason I've always stayed away from Mac OS. I think it's off to Linux for me.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
windows needs your permission to ask for your permission."
:lolsign: :crackup: You know Billy G. brought us some good stuff - got us out of the dark ages (black screen CLI) with an OS that would run on any clone PC (think AFORDABLE hardware as opposed to Mac's that were beyond many peoples price range) but someone up there (Balmer maybe? ) has really lost sight by trying to become more like a Mac OS (while Mac's try to be more like PC's in the hardware realm and some software abilities) instead of giving people what they want and need : Fast, Stable, User friendly and can be controlled in ways that make it highly customizeable. Instead they assume they are now marketing to a public who needs to have everything done for them and done the MS way only. That was the original mindset of Apple and a reason I would never use one as my main computer. Long live XP! As long as we can keep writing upgrade programs/patches and so on for any new Internet functions or other things that come along I don't see any reason to upgrade XP and unless MS comes up with a radical revision or other OS then Vista may go down like Windows ME did. Vista :thumbsdow

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok im using the beta of ubuntu 7.10 so far im having a screen rez issue but im sure its driver related im going to install em now