is Zebralight H600Fw Mk II reliable ?! (update: I Bought it :D)

how reliable are Zebralight headlamps?

• I had issues and had to replace at least once

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eaglespeed

Newly Enlightened
Re: is Zebralight H600Fw Mk II reliable ?!

My H600w has been in used for years now and never had issues with it. Its not the "f" ( flood ) type though but I have never gone wrong with all my 10 Zebralights.
for some reason I feel left out whenever I post something in this forum, since it always seems that everyone here has at least 5 flashlights/headlamps while I only have like 3 :D what I'm worried about the most is electronic failure, when a headlamp cracks it's still usable but even if its susceptible to water damage but u can still use it, when my wizard pro had small crack, I didn't care much but when it went crazy mode wise I was forced not to use it anymore. I'm a headlamp guy, my flashlights can't cut it, I work on computers, go hunting trips and go diving, having a headlamp helps alot, it's like a 3rd eye, u turn it on and forget about it, it's like 2nd nature :)

Last edited:

eaglespeed

Newly Enlightened

My H600w (not floody) has been rock-solid for years. I have pocket-carried it a lot, and also use it as the front light on my bike (with a two-fish block on the handlebars). Hundreds of road miles, hours of rain, no problems.
very encourging and what I needed to hear. I don't even know what a two-fish block is and at this point I'm too afraid to ask :) but GG I would seriously love a high quality picture of ur zebralight, on the bike while raining .... too much too ask I guess.

eaglespeed

Newly Enlightened

I have a H51fw since it first came out, I have used it and dropped it many times and never had a problem with it.
dude didn't this thing came out like ................. in 2011 ? or 2010 I don't remember. 5 years later and it's still solid, this is some serious stuff I'm impressed more assuring news. thank u.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast

very encourging and what I needed to hear. I don't even know what a two-fish block is and at this point I'm too afraid to ask :) but GG I would seriously love a high quality picture of ur zebralight, on the bike while raining .... too much too ask I guess.

have a look on the battery junction website for the "twofish cycleblocks"--it's a chunk of rubber with webbing straps that lets you mount flashlights on your handlebars in a very easy and secure way. Easy off and on so that when you lock up your bike you are not risking your favorite light.

I don't have a camera or a smartphone, so no photos. Just imagine a miserable looking guy with rain dripping off him, and in front of him a very bright light.

eaglespeed

Newly Enlightened

I don't have a camera or a smartphone, so no photos. Just imagine a miserable looking guy with rain dripping off him, and in front of him a very bright light.
I'm imagining it, and I must admit it's sorta artistic :)

Last edited:

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have this model and I bought it second hand after it had been used horse riding. Run time was the issue on long night rides, otherwise perfect. It's had a hard life and works beautifully. I'm not a huge zebralight fan, or frosted lenses for that matter, but this is a great headlamp. The colour temp is magic! No issues with the lens at all. [emoji106]

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast

dude didn't this thing came out like ................. in 2011 ? or 2010 I don't remember. 5 years later and it's still solid, this is some serious stuff I'm impressed more assuring news. thank u.

yup, I used it as my primary light for a while, and as a backup for work. I do want to upgrade just for a longer runtime on 18650, but there are too many choices.

I also have a zl sc600w version 1 that's still running strong.

eaglespeed

Newly Enlightened

it's here !! with the glow in the dark headband and this headlamp is a bute.1- thing I noticed how light weight it is, and how light it felt on my head, even it's strap is non-invasive. 2- compared to the armytek, this is is way smaller and its finish feels more premium and scratch resistant.3- I can't say I like the modes alot, but they are OK. the armytek is more straight forward and remembers the last mode it was in. nothing critical though4- the armytek is still a tad floodier but this beam profile is not bad, ironically I noticed the brighter it is the floodier it feels, while the armytek seems to maintain it's floody profile, it's my own observation though nothing scientific.5- its headband is way more comfy than the wizard pro, and u forget that it's on ur head while wearing it. here are a few pics :) thank u all for encouraging me to buy it. hope it lasts for a long time. click on the pic to enlarge.

enjoy :D

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Enjoy I hope to works well for you. That last picture is very cool.

Once you get to the UI you might end up loving it. Remember you can set what level you want H2 and L2 to be (M2 also but...), so you can have easy 1 click to your chosen H2 (then double click from there for H1), and you can just press and hold for a second to get L2 or L1 so it is very easy to get to 2 different levels just a little bit more to get to two mode levels, and even then you can use double click from off to get to Medium ... so it's better than Memory mode since on most lights that always gets changed unintentionally and 1/2 the other time or more it's not the level you want now. ... OK yes... I like the UI very much.

Utevo vis lux

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tip off about the sale I been looking to buy one for yonks!

I bought a H600Fw Mk II

I thought it was the full flood version when I saw "floody" but I dont think Ill be disappointed with the in between 600Fw. I think its floody enough for my up close auto mechanic work and has enough throw for when im out 4wding, camping, walking or even as an added cycling light.

I just wish I had it a week ago Ive been in the attic installing an attic ladder and Ive been using just my Fenix LD01 in my mouth the whole time.