is zebralight sc5w ii the best aa light?

Wurkkos

Lawman VII XIV

This was my biggest qualm with the second generation Zebralights, but in the third (and fourth) generation they updated the firmware to let you set which output a single click starts on.
Good to know. As I almost always buy new, the chance of me getting an early generation ZLight is small.
Everybody has there own priorities but 98% of the time I want a press or a click to give me full military power. :cool:

I've had LEDs for awhile but am still pretty new to a lot of the details and truth be told no matter how "versatile" (complicated) the UI I'm pretty much a set and forget kind of guy. Sometimes KISS is best.

Lawman VII XIV

Can anybody advise the CliffsNotes differences between the SC64W HI and the SC64c LE Limited Edition?

I see a few - light output, CRI, color temp, but I'm curious as to what makes this a limited edition. Seeing you'd think brighter, shinier, more powerful than a locomotive, etc. So is there one or two really relevant differences, or is it just down to personal preferences? TNX

AstroTurf

CPF Supporter
Can anybody advise the CliffsNotes differences between the SC64W HI and the SC64c LE Limited Edition?

I see a few - light output, CRI, color temp, but I'm curious as to what makes this a limited edition. Seeing you'd think brighter, shinier, more powerful than a locomotive, etc. So is there one or two really relevant differences, or is it just down to personal preferences? TNX
i hear'd that the sc64c le version is the light used to illuminate heaven...

your mileage may vary.

Fireclaw18

Difference between SC64 HI and the Limited Edition.

Only noticeable difference should be the emitter. The HI uses an XHP35 HI emitter. Compared to the LE it should be significantly brighter with significantly more throw. The hotspot should also be narrower.

The Special Edition uses an LH351D high CRI emitter. I would expect a slightly warmer color temperature (4000K instead of 4500K), plus better CRI. However, overall output is reduced and tint might be a bit greenish especially at low power levels.

Behind the scenes, the only other change is the HI's driver supports only 6V or 12V XHP35 emitters, while the special edition's driver supports any XHP sized 3V emitters. From a modder's perspective, this means the special edition has many more emitter options for modding.

That said, Zebralights are incredibly difficult to mod. I don't recommend attempting to do so unless you are an expert modder and are ok with bricking your light if you mess up. I have nearly a decade's worth of experience modding flashlights, but I still ended up destroying my SC52w's driver attempting to mod it a few weeks ago.