iTP A6 Polestar thread

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jirik, can You be so kind and post battery draw figures ?

off - 1,8uA (micro amps - will drain a set of eneloops in 127 years :))
low - 0,034A
medium - 0,2A
high - 1,25A

Runtime graph including medium level:
itpa6polestarruntimeeng.gif

Size comparison with Olight Titanium AAA, Fenix TA30 and Solarforce L950M
itpa6polestarvsothers.jpg

Battery holder:
itpa6polestardrzak2.jpg

battery tube
itpa6polestarsteny.jpg

Sunnyvalejohn

Newly Enlightened
Looks like this light has some great potential at a good price point. I got the M30 and the PD-30 so this might fit right in between. Sounds like you can't have enough flashlights.

rumme

Newly Enlightened
Jirik, how well does this illuminate a object the size of a human, at 100 yards ?

travelinman

Enlightened
Are both ends of the battery carrier magnetic? That would make charging the whole thing as a unit much easier. Also not a problem equalizing AA cells if you use 0.1C for 16 hrs.

madmook

Newly Enlightened
Over 9.5 hours on medium mode, that works for me, and thanks a lot for testing. Can't wait to get mine in a couple days.

rumme

Newly Enlightened
Looks to me that the manufacturers ratings on battery life per each setting, is accurate. Hopefully their lumen ratings are just as accurate.

Im thinking that this is the best deal going for $70 price range, and may be so for quite a while in AA battery formatt.

Maybe Itp will offer some type of after market lens/ refelctor that will tighten the beam on this light, and make it more of a long distance spotlight ......it would be nice to have that option of having a enournmous spill or tight spotlight.

So far Itp doesnt offer such a accesspry. Does anyone know if any other manufacturer makes a reflector/ lens that would fit this Itp light, and make it more of a spotlight ?

madmook

Newly Enlightened
Crud, read about defective battery holders from shiningbeam's post. Hope I don't get a faulty one...

rumme

Newly Enlightened
a defective battery holder is the least of my concerns . A little bit of ingenuity and soldering skills should be able to fix any problems in that area.

madmook

Newly Enlightened
Well bollocks, looks like the battery holder thing is a real issue, batteryjunction is also dealing with it:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showpost.php?p=2374057&postcount=43

On the other hand, I got my Polestar from goinggear today, and it works!

Shoving the batteries in the holder was somewhat janky, but not much of an issue. The light turned on just fine, so I guess not every one is affected. Still, I'd like to get one of the "fixed" battery holders whenever they do come out.

Only gripe thusfar (still daytime here) is that there's a constant high-pitched whine when I use max brightness mode. Not ear-splitting, but audible. Other modes do not exhibit this behavior. Oh well, I'll probably be using medium mode the majority of the time anyways.

rumme

Newly Enlightened
Well bollocks, looks like the battery holder thing is a real issue, batteryjunction is also dealing with it:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showpost.php?p=2374057&postcount=43

On the other hand, I got my Polestar from goinggear today, and it works!

Shoving the batteries in the holder was somewhat janky, but not much of an issue. The light turned on just fine, so I guess not every one is affected. Still, I'd like to get one of the "fixed" battery holders whenever they do come out.

Only gripe thusfar (still daytime here) is that there's a constant high-pitched whine when I use max brightness mode. Not ear-splitting, but audible. Other modes do not exhibit this behavior. Oh well, I'll probably be using medium mode the majority of the time anyways.

ive already spoke to going gear baout the issue.

they told me that all the units they sent to customers, have been prechecked to ensure the battery holder isnt defective.

any lights that were defective were held back.

2-3 weeks is when the new battery holders are epxeted to be shipped out.