IT'S HERE!!! THE CL30R CAMPING LANTERN. Preorder Now for Free USA Priority Shipping

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
The Long-Awaited CL30R is Ready for PreOrders!
(Shipping to You Approximately June 21)

Preorders Placed Thur 6/19 Get FREE USA PRIORITY SHIPPING
Plus APP10 for 10% Off

PREORDER HERE

CL30R-1-E__39221.1465834610.1280.1280.jpg

CL30R-2-E__11503.1465834622.1280.1280.jpg

CL30R-3-E__93659.1465834622.1280.1280.jpg

CL30R-4-E__61630.1465834633.1280.1280.jpg

CL30R-5-E__07620.1465834624.1280.1280.jpg

CL30R-6-E__87751.1465834620.1280.1280.jpg

CL30R-7-E__06577.1465834630.1280.1280.jpg

CL30R-8-E__00855.1465834640.1280.1280.jpg

CL30R-9-E__71279.1465834634.1280.1280.jpg

CL30R-10-E__23657.1465834643.1280.1280.jpg

CL30R-11-E__38657.1465834646.1280.1280.jpg

CL30R-12-E__13710.1465834641.1280.1280.jpg

CL30R-13-E__31367.1465834645.1280.1280.jpg

CL30R-14-E__98915.1465834644.1280.1280.jpg

ORDER HERE
!

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
It is purely a case of trying to keep the price down. There is a Including the 3500mAh batteries would make the light retail for $24 more. You can always replace the batteries with the higher mAh batteries when your 2600mAh batteries end their life.

Why don't they offer the light with 3,500 ma batteries?

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
NOTE! We have learned we aren't getting as many as we ordered in our first shipment. Demand must be great worldwide. Our pre-orders have been just what we expected. If you want one from the first shipment, better get it in. PLUS thru 6/19 we have FREE USA Priority Shipping and 10% off (using APP10).

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks great!

I wonder if the 650 lumens will actually be noticeable increase over the 350 lumens of the CL25R?

Would love to hear feedback once you guys receive it and have a chance to compare it to your CL25R.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Nice to finally see this lantern! It looks nice, even though it does not have any moonlight mode. I have some questions regarding the charging port. Is the port itself also IPX7 rated? In case of the rubber flap get loose and the charging port is exposed to water, does that mean that water enters the light and therefore can destroy it?

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Here's your answer:
The max output current for the USB power bank function is 1.3A.

Thanks! Now go order. Last night Fenix told us that our next shipment after this one that ships tonight will be around the first part of August! Worldwide interest is more than they anticipated. So if you want one, we have some left from the first shipment but not many. :)

Ooo, nice.

Can you tell me what the maximum output current is for the USB powerbank function, please?

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is purely a case of trying to keep the price down. There is a Including the 3500mAh batteries would make the light retail for $24 more. You can always replace the batteries with the higher mAh batteries when your 2600mAh batteries end their life.

[Emphasis added]

So, in three to five years, we can get decent batteries? Otherwise, we have to bite the bullet, and pay extra now?

Too bad Fenix did not decide to give an option, high-capacity batteries for those who want them, and low-capacity for the rest. That way, folks who know about flashlights could have saved themselves some money by buying 3500mAh batteries with the lantern. N00bs could buy the 2600mAh batteries, and be happy with them. I expect that most n00bs will never upgrade their low-capacity batteries. Many of us who would prefer higher-capacity batteries will probably also feel that we cannot afford to pay for good batteries, and leave the old ones lying around unused.

The way things are now, bundling 2600mAh batteries will cost more for CPF members who want the best. Fenix is selling us second-best. In some ways that is consistent with the market position Fenix targets. A company like ZebraLight wants to be best in class, price be damned. Fenix wants to be good, but not best, and cost a little less. So, Fenix sells us second-best.

Here is a question for you, Fenix-Store: How many 2600mAh batteries do you sell alone, i.e., not bundled with a flashlight? None? One in a hundred, compared to higher capacities? One in fifty or twenty?

If I am right that folks do not very often buy 2600mAh Fenix ARBL18 batteries alone (i.e., unbundled), why would Fenix want to foist those batteries on buyers in a bundle?

The best route would have been to give buyers a choice of batteries. Olight has done this with a couple of its rechargeable flashlights. Fenix should have done that too.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
You make good points overall. We will send your recommendations to Fenix concerning the lights shipping w/o the rechargeable batteries and offering a choice. However, market studies and sales drive decisions and offerings. The CPF "flashlight geniuses" are a fraction of the sales of Fenix lights. We know you men and women hold a lot of knowledge. BUT the overwhelming majority of Fenix customers lack basic knowledge. They just want to buy a light ready to operate out of the box. We sell a lot of lights through big box stores, chains, Amazon, etc. Those customers NORMALLY just want a certain light types without all the choices to confuse them. Big box stores drive packaging too. So for a store like Home Depot, Academy, REI, to have to offer a light then the customer have to decide on batteries isn't going to happen. First, the sales clerks may not have the knowledge. Then stocking for the stores would be cumbersome as well as problems for display space. Does all this make sense?

What you are saying makes perfect sense to we people who are 'flashaholics with all the knowledge." But we are a very, very small population of flashlight users. If you could read our emails, you would realize how much people don't know about flashlights...for sure batteries. The batteries can be very confusing.

Now, saying all that, your comment saying that Fenix intends to be "just good." No company ever strives for that goal. They have a strategic plan that I hope you better understand now.

Our 2600mAh sales compared to 3500mAh sales. Believe it or not, the lower ones sale well. Again, there are many, many customers who want affordability before power. People who want a rechargeable light that they aren't going to use really often will go with a 2600mAh battery. That charge will last them sufficiently. People who plan to use their light a lot SOME TIMES will go with the 3500mAh battery. If they are trying to save money, they lean toward the 2600mAh battery. So the spread of sales is relatively even but the higher mAh batteries sell slightly more.

Does all this make sense? We appreciate the dialogue. It is here where we all learn customer needs and sellers desires.

So, in three to five years, we can get decent batteries? Otherwise, we have to bite the bullet, and pay extra now?
Too bad Fenix did not decide to give an option, high-capacity batteries for those who want them, and low-capacity for the rest. That way, folks who know about flashlights could have saved themselves some money by buying 3500mAh batteries with the lantern. N00bs could buy the 2600mAh batteries, and be happy with them. I expect that most n00bs will never upgrade their low-capacity batteries. Many of us who would prefer higher-capacity batteries will probably also feel that we cannot afford to pay for good batteries, and leave the old ones lying around unused.

The way things are now, bundling 2600mAh batteries will cost more for CPF members who want the best. Fenix is selling us second-best. In some ways that is consistent with the market position Fenix targets. A company like ZebraLight wants to be best in class, price be damned. Fenix wants to be good, but not best, and cost a little less. So, Fenix sells us second-best.

Here is a question for you, Fenix-Store: How many 2600mAh batteries do you sell alone, i.e., not bundled with a flashlight? None? One in a hundred, compared to higher capacities? One in fifty or twenty?

If I am right that folks do not very often buy 2600mAh Fenix ARBL18 batteries alone (i.e., unbundled), why would Fenix want to foist those batteries on buyers in a bundle?

The best route would have been to give buyers a choice of batteries. Olight has done this with a couple of its rechargeable flashlights. Fenix should have done that too.

Last edited:

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for such a respectful reply. I hope that I was equally respectful in sharing my views.

It has always been a privilege to communicate with the Fenix-Store here at CPF. You guys are straight shooters. Thanks for forwarding my thoughts to Fenix. Maybe you can work out a special offer for CPF members.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Thank you. I re-read it and it's a wonder you could understand it. Typos due to rushing. Fixed so you may want to re-read it to see if you get the same message. LOL

We have sent your comments to Fenix. Thanks again.

Thanks for such a respectful reply. I hope that I was equally respectful in sharing my views.

It has always been a privilege to communicate with the Fenix-Store here at CPF. You guys are straight shooters. Thanks for forwarding my thoughts to Fenix. Maybe you can work out a special offer for CPF members.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Yes, it is. Because CL30R is an internally waterproof structure.

Nice to finally see this lantern! It looks nice, even though it does not have any moonlight mode. I have some questions regarding the charging port. Is the port itself also IPX7 rated? In case of the rubber flap get loose and the charging port is exposed to water, does that mean that water enters the light and therefore can destroy it?

Wolfy1776

Newly Enlightened
I think most buyers are happy with the 2,600 batteries. Just like most people are happy with a 4 cylinder car they only care that the car gets them from point a to point b.

Flashaholics like us want the turbocharged 8 cylinder for maximum performance. I understand Fenix's logic with stocking retail stores. Would it be possible for Fenix to offer the higher capacity batteries as an option if ordering directly from you?

Wolfy1776

Newly Enlightened
Also the fact that the lantern can operate on 1-3 batteries is a great feature!

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think most buyers are happy with the 2,600 batteries. Just like most people are happy with a 4 cylinder car they only care that the car gets them from point a to point b.

Flashaholics like us want the turbocharged 8 cylinder for maximum performance. I understand Fenix's logic with stocking retail stores. Would it be possible for Fenix to offer the higher capacity batteries as an option if ordering directly from you?

I think this nails it in both ways.
A car guy would ask where you plan to get that 8 cyl turbo! (8cyl engines are typically supercharged not turbocharged.)
I've got a 6 cyl turbo, have had multiple tuned 4 cyl turbos, and I demand that performance. But I also have a naturally aspirated 4 cyl as well that my wife, the non-gearhead, uses and is content with.

How many people truly need or demand thst extra performance? Standard use for my cl25r is camp setup on high for a few minutes, then sitting around on low off and on for a few hours. The standard 2600 is sufficient. I have bigger batteries but haven't needed the extra capacity yet.