It's official. I'm a Millennium Series addict.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
My M6 lights.
These suckers are all minty NIB boys :naughty: All three have perfect matching HA which is very cool for M6 lights.

M6800x_zpsd5b68d6c.jpg

M6Front800x_zps9d3b6d5b.jpg

M6web.jpg

:wave:

Last edited:

marklanchafan

Newly Enlightened
you could've said you were a long time lurker (or had an old account and lost your password) and we'd believe you with an M-series collection like that ;)

Hi

mm...... How you know I lost my account?:whistle:

I only have these M series. M is always expensive.
So... I like P more . ... HAHA :D

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
GUYS !!! This is my latest finding (that metal detector investment was a real-deal)... :D

DSC08181x1_zps5269c35e.jpg

Unfortunately, it does show some "character"... bezel has few dings and edge grinding and tailcap looks like it survived a drop from few feet directly on it... at least the body is in pristine condition, no dings and a beautiful matching OD color...
Sighhhh...

DSC08182x1_zps5b8258b6.jpg

DSC08184x1_zps6cb9d60b.jpg

Patriot

Flashaholic
Wow, great lights you guys. I sure enjoy seeing those uniquely marks ones too! Here's a few of my Millenniums...

SurefireM6s_zps54743ae6.jpg

The 2nd from the left, with blank side, began life as a SF Catalog model, subsequently owned by CPF members Mcgizmo, Kiessling, Team Member and now mine. :) The third from the right used to be owned by member, Illum. I've forgotten where the Crosshair badged one came from but maybe he'll chime in and remind me. I have papers attached to each light but am missing the info for that particular one.

Last edited:

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
GUYS !!! This is my latest finding (that metal detector investment was a real-deal)...
C:\Users\NEWPRO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

Unfortunately, it does show some "character"... bezel has few dings and edge grinding and tailcap looks like it survived a drop from few feet directly on it... at least the body is in pristine condition, no dings and a beautiful matching OD color...
Sighhhh...

Hey Tana
Nice find the three flats M2 is one of my fav’s.
Did you really find it with a metal detector? Or are you joking ?
If you are for real what’s the chances of a Surefire fanatic finding a rare Surefire M2 out with he’s detector amazing luck.

The body being in pristine condition is a bonus. You will find a ribbed bezel if you keep your eyes out. One only sold last week on MP with the non Hot logo version. Also being a high serial number for a 3 flats A14696 the tailcap would be a www.surefire tailcap so you should find one of those as well with some luck. The trick will be matching the HA that early HA is a hard one to find.
At least it's not a low number as they have the Laser products tailcaps. They almost never turn up I have given up looking.
Still it's a nice 3 flats M2 good find.

`

Wow, great lights you guys. I sure enjoy seeing those uniquely marks ones too! Here's a few of my Millenniums...

The 2nd from the left, with blank side, began life as a SF Catalog model, subsequently owned by CPF members Mcgizmo, Kiessling, Team Member and now mine. :) The third from the right used to be owned by member, Illum. I've forgotten where the Crosshair badged one came from but maybe he'll chime in and remind me. I have papers attached to each light but am missing the info for that particular one.

Nice group of M6's Patriot so sweet love them. Guess who just fitted a M3 bezel on his M6 :D
Whats the serial number of the Crosshair M6 ? I like the out lined logo's on these crosshair M6's more than the block lettering of the real early crosshaired ones.

Tell us more about the blank M6 ? Is it blank on both sides ? Do you know why they left it blank ?
I think I found it in the 2002 catalog (I also think I need a life)

M6blank_zpsa7fec6f4.jpg

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
Hey Tana
Nice find the three flats M2 is one of my fav’s.
Did you really find it with a metal detector? Or are you joking ?
If you are for real what’s the chances of a Surefire fanatic finding a rare Surefire M2 out with he’s detector amazing luck.

The body being in pristine condition is a bonus. You will find a ribbed bezel if you keep your eyes out. One only sold last week on MP with the non Hot logo version. Also being a high serial number for a 3 flats A14696 the tailcap would be a www.surefire tailcap so you should find one of those as well with some luck. The trick will be matching the HA that early HA is a hard one to find.
At least it's not a low number as they have the Laser products tailcaps. They almost never turn up I have given up looking.
Still it's a nice 3 flats M2 good find.

Thanks, Rat...

Well, the story with metal detector is a joke, of course... but I did find it by pure luck as I went to fix one guy's laptop few days before I posted in the thread and while messing around his (messed up) table, I noticed this beauty (clip was all bent out of shape, that's my spare clip I took off of C2)... he said that he has it since he was deployed at the middle east, given to him by some soldier... and that soldier was given the light by someone from Surefire HQ, at least that's what he said... so he said "that's how I know it's genuine Surefire"... :)

So while I was trying to troubleshoot his laptop, we went on and on and he figured out that I'm flashoholic with weakness to Surefires which was the feeling he really liked, I believe... so later on I figured out that his HDD is failing and he got all scared, all pics and videos, personal files still on the laptop... so I gave him a deal of a lifetime - WD Blue 1TB HDD, brand new (my personal spare that I bought for $95) and complete setup of OS and backup of all things from his HDD to this new one... so the next day, as I promised (after fixing it deep into the night) I brought him his precious laptop and old HDD and got this beauty... Batteries were expiring in 2015, both had 2.9V in them... they were turned BACKWARDS inside but it worked for some reason...

As I'm more into modding things than collecting like you and James, I might try to sell this in the future instead of try to find replacement bezel and tailcap (but that body sure is more sexy than both of my C2-HA and C2-BK) so I could invest in black KL4 and E1E/E2E... too bad bezel and tailcap aren't pristine like body is... :(

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF must've changed the M1 slightly in its days. the M1 in the pic I posted earlier in this thread has four 'slots' for grip rings. My M1 as y'all could see came without grip rings. No biggie, I just got some replacement ones for free from Surefire, but they sent five and I looked at the product page and there are five on their photo.

this is pretty cool though, it means my M1 (A00773) is pretty old I guess. When did these come out anyways? early 2000s?

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF must've changed the M1 slightly in its days. the M1 in the pic I posted earlier in this thread has four 'slots' for grip rings. My M1 as y'all could see came without grip rings. No biggie, I just got some replacement ones for free from Surefire, but they sent five and I looked at the product page and there are five on their photo.

this is pretty cool though, it means my M1 (A00773) is pretty old I guess. When did these come out anyways? early 2000s?

Good observation never noticed that before.
They first appear in the 2001 catalogue but I do not have the 2000 so I do not really know.
The old school M1 was the 3DL I will post a pic later I have a mint one in my collection.

I just checked my early serial number M1 and it also has 4 slots and my high serial number M1 still with the old logo has 5 slots.
So as far as collecting goes looks like there is three versions of the M1 to collect.

1. Early 4 slots
2. Old logo 5 slots
3. New logo 5 slots

Good find tobrian
cheers

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good observation never noticed that before.
They first appear in the 2001 catalogue but I do not have the 2000 so I do not really know.
The old school M1 was the 3DL I will post a pic later I have a mint one in my collection.

I just checked my early serial number M1 and it also has 4 slots and my high serial number M1 still with the old logo has 5 slots.
So as far as collecting goes looks like there is three versions of the M1 to collect.

1. Early 4 slots
2. Old logo 5 slots
3. New logo 5 slots

Good find tobrian
cheers

thank you for your feedback :)

That's some good detective work on the three styles. I'm even more proud of this M1 now :D

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Brigadier
Those bezel rings on the two smaller M3 heads look like they would do some damage :eek: I like your idea on the tail cap notches :thumbsup:

thank you for your feedback :)

That's some good detective work on the three styles. I'm even more proud of this M1 now :D

Hey tobrein
I just got my early M1 in the mail today after only having the pictures to check it over until now. I have just noticed they also have the standard Z41 tailcap.
The later version with the five slots has a Z58 clicky tailcap. The batteries in this early one expired in 2011 so your 2000- 2001 is looking about right. I love the early HA as well very nice and it is shorter than the other two. Next time I get the camera out I will take some shots of all three.