Japanese Eneloops

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know where I can get Japanese Eneloops? Australia has only been importing the Chinese Eneloops for a few years now and I don't want Chinese Eneloops. I can get ni-mh cells that are made in Japan, but they are not as good at holding their charge as LSD Eneloops. They are Energizer branded, and have a higher capacity than the LSD Eneloops I've bought in previous years.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get some Fujitsu White. They are exactly the same as the Eneloops, manufactured at the same factory and ONLY made in Japan.
Good to know. Inspired by your post, I just did a little reading into this.

Have there been any problems with counterfeits? Seems they're mostly available on Amazon, but not sold by Fujitsu. Is it safe to buy there?

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eneloops are great, however, they need to do something to keep the protective, insulating label from peeling off after a short time!

I've been using Eneloops since 2006, and I've never encountered that problem. The only damage I've done to Eneloops is when I use them in extremely tight-fitting compartments. Then I have to use something to pry them out, and that often damages the top. They still work, but have a lot of dents and scuff marks on them.

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny timing: my Eneloops used in 3AA->D adaptors are developing cracks and tears, so I've just been looking up rewrapping them here in the last day or two.

So no, it's not isolated to you, RedLED.

Lots of good info on CPF :)

vBDKv

Newly Enlightened
Good to know. Inspired by your post, I just did a little reading into this.

Have there been any problems with counterfeits? Seems they're mostly available on Amazon, but not sold by Fujitsu. Is it safe to buy there?
I dont think they are popular enough to be honest, but I haven't heard anything about counterfeits. The ones I've purchased over the years from various shops, including Amazon, perform fantastic. They also feel more premium compared to Eneloops, but that's just the wrap they use :)