• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Jeers to David Chow - 4Sevens - he took my money and my flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we ever hear what light the OP was looking for help with?

I have a small (very specific) pile of 4sevens lights that aren't very valuable to me and probably not worth relying on if the warranty is voided. I do use 4sevens lights as backups and stuff, but if I had one sitting unused that would help the OP, I would consider letting it go.

Don't forget that David didn't just create a company and some things, but he created a community along with it.

That's a really generous offer, divine. If you end up sending OP a light, I'm in for some funds to cover your cost. If the light isn't available, I'm in for some funds to make OP whole.

~ Chance

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Divine and Chance,

It's nice to see that such acts of kindness are still a part of CPF !!
Folks like yourselves are what makes CPF special. :clap::clap:

Ray

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is my culprit, it sits on my desk at work.

K5kmhqB.jpg

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too will volunteer funds to make it right. David was always fair and honorable in every dealing I ever had with the company. I will also volunteer parts(if I have them) to aid the cause.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The member who started this thread shows no recent activity on his personal profile. There is no indication when he last visited CPF other than his last edit on March 13.

Two of his links in his sigline are defunct.

Perhaps he has 'moved on'?

Last edited:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure Zot will eventually come around at one point or another.

He's been a member since 2006 :)

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
You can include me to the group willing to assst. If I have any spare 47's parts, and I do have a very small size but, modest selections could still assist. However, most of you have some great collections. Really amazing.

If I can help, I'd be happy to assist. I was excuslively in the MiNi area of 47's. Just so people don't waste time, I am going to miss that old Web Site, from the day's the Promotional Titanium MiNi's were launched. They were the ones I loved the most, and, also bought the most of.

With any luck the new owner will be able to handle most if the needs, unless, of course, it is a major problem, and then, well, even they may be at a loss.

Businesses closing are bad all the way around.

Regardless, good luck to all 47's collectors.

Best,

RL

cy

Flashaholic
sure sorry to hear about David Chow - 4Sevens .. he earned a lot of good will
put me on the list of helping to make OP whole .. not on CPF much anymore so it may take a bit for me to respond.

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I´d say it´s rather obvious he´s at least been here on march 2nd and march 13th ;)
Changed earlier post to reflect your observation. It's still over a month. And it still sounds like David's given more than he's 'taken' from anyone. Don't seem to see any jeer thread from him about the folks that sued him, crippling his business. Business is business. We move on...

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Changed earlier post to reflect your observation. It's still over a month. And it still sounds like David's given more than he's 'taken' from anyone. Don't seem to see any jeer thread from him about the folks that sued him, crippling his business. Business is business. We move on...
I've had my ups and downs with 4sevens, too. I've had limited luck with customer support, which might have been my own bad luck. I gifted a AA twisty to an EMT, which broke, he had bad experience with customer service. The EMT ended up giving up on 4sevens and getting another brand.

I do like David's ideas and products as long as they work. I do carry a HDS for the reliability more than anything else. I have several items from 4sevens that I use as backups and loaners.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
One thought from reading this thread; please keep in mind that this conversation shouldn't transition into a general discussion thread, so please minimize any extraneous postings & thoughts. Best regards,

Zot

Enlightened
I haven't posted here in a while because I do not have any updates from David Chow or Prometheus.
But WOW, I do see many generous offers from the people that make CPF such a great community. That really makes me feel good :)

Zot

Enlightened
My latest update:

Despite my many efforts through email, phone calls and CPF posts I never heard from David Chow.
He took my money and my flashlight. That is undisputed.
He chose to taint his reputation here and that is unfortunate.
I have to give David and 4Sevens a big :fail:

I also contacted Prometheus - Dark Sucks.
They said they would try to help.
They didn't make any effort that I am aware of to resolve this.
They only time I ever heard from them was when I reached out to them and all I got were empty promises.
I have to give Prometheus - Dark Sucks a big :fail: too

To the CPF community in general and to divine in particular, who generously send me his copper Mini
lovecpf
Last night I was playing with it in my backyard with and boy is it bright!

My lesson, when the going gets tough, the CPF community is there to help. That is what makes the CPF community so great. Thank you everyone!

:grouphug:

I think this thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.