Jeers to people who don't control their dogs!

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should see what the mule did to seven virgins...keep it cool :rolleyes:

Found 'em.

Maybe it's not a mule, but an ***. Someone with more animal knowledge than me may be able to tell from these pics.

ass1.jpg

ass2.jpg

ass3.jpg

ass4.jpg

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
TRESPASS! MENACING!

someone came barreling up the road in a black pickup and released the pit bull!
I went down and reset the trap, then they came onto my property again this time weilding sticks and swinging them around, as one of them sprung the trap again.

The police are on the way.

so still 11 or so left to go...

gee life can be tough when the rules are strictly enforced for you but not at all for the other guy..

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
update;

police officer arrived, after a while we flushed them out of hiding..
officer told them not to let their dogs on the property, and not to threaten me or trespass, and that if they didn't they would likely lose their dogs one at a time..

so -- what more could I ask?

the trap is set.

but next time a dog gets caught, I'm going to padlock the doors. if they take the whole cage then AC can go onto their property to retrieve it..

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found 'em.

Maybe it's not a mule, but an ***. Someone with more animal knowledge than me may be able to tell from these pics.

[ IMG]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x251/ringzeropics/ass1.jpg[/IMG]

[ IMG]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x251/ringzeropics/ass2.jpg[/IMG]

[ IMG]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x251/ringzeropics/ass3.jpg[/IMG]

[ IMG]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x251/ringzeropics/ass4.jpg[/IMG]

That animal was dead when the donkey got to it. Really. It's pretty well documented.

Anyhoo, about a block away from my house there's a truly vicious (Vicious) male pit bull tied up in the people's yard with vinyl clothes line. I honestly fear for my safety near this thing. It pulls so hard on the line that it goes up on just its hind legs to bark and snarl at everyone who passes on foot.

I have called animal control, but they can't do anything as long as the dog's on owner property.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang TTL, kudos to you. You're far nicer and more patient than I am. Good luck pal. :buddies:

DM51

Flashaholic
This is a great thread - very exciting to read the story unfolding here. Well done, TTL - and please get some photos for us!!!

WhatMACHI

Newly Enlightened
update;

police officer arrived, after a while we flushed them out of hiding..
officer told them not to let their dogs on the property, and not to threaten me or trespass, and that if they didn't they would likely lose their dogs one at a time..

so -- what more could I ask?

the trap is set.

but next time a dog gets caught, I'm going to padlock the doors. if they take the whole cage then AC can go onto their property to retrieve it..

I cant believe people have the nerve to let their dogs loose and uncontrolled like that and come after you aggressively. There are some real lame people out there.

I dont know how people can invest in something such as a LIVING CREATURE and allow it to either become such a problem. Or mistreat it as is the case with the dog tied up with the vinyl clothesline.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
That animal was dead when the donkey got to it. Really. It's pretty well documented.

Do you have a source for that? Those pics came from a story posted on some sort of a news site, the "Tombstone Tumbleweed." Pics might have been photoshopped or misleadingly posed - I have no idea if they are authentic.

Anyhoo, about a block away from my house there's a truly vicious (Vicious) male pit bull tied up in the people's yard with vinyl clothes line. I honestly fear for my safety near this thing. It pulls so hard on the line that it goes up on just its hind legs to bark and snarl at everyone who passes on foot.

There's a big Akita, maybe 100 to 120 pounds, that lives a few blocks from my house. A very powerful dog. He is kept chained outside a lot and is extremely agressive in warning people passing by not to intrude into his territory. He'll take a run and smash himself really hard against the end of his chain.

Ocassionally, maybe once or twice a year, he gets loose somehow. He strolled across the neighbor's yard and then into my back yard while I was out cutting weeds. I shouted, "Hey dog - get out of here!" He stopped and began snarling at me with teeth fully exposed. I yelled at him again and walked toward him, waving the weed cutter. He kept snarling while he slowly retreated out of my yard, then walked off down the street.

I worry that some day this dog will really hurt one of the neighborhood kids.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope this thread can stay on topic. It's about people who don't control their dogs. Fortunately no one has accused the DOGS; if there is a dog problem, it's usually the owners who are negligent, and not the dog's fault.

I won't get too much into my story here. There is a forum already for barking dogs where one can vent. I live in a quiet and peaceful neighborhood except for about 25 dogs that bark all the time. They bark at each other blocks away, and at passersby. Animal control was no help, but the police were willing to visit the homes where dogs were left alone to bark. There were 4, and those crazy dogs were quieted eventually (I guess the owners didn't like having the police come over and threaten to cite them for nuisance dog barking). Now the rest of the dogs don't bark as much, because the nutso dogs aren't calling out all day long.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Anyway, I'm tired of people who don't control their dogs...
I feel your pain. This is a real sore spot with me.

Some catagories of dog ownership have changed very much for the worse since I was a kid. Today, particularly in urban areas, people who often know nothing about dogs often buy rottweilers and pit bulls instead of defending themselves and their property with firearms as people did more often a couple generations ago. This situation is a disaster for their neighbors -- or anyone else who may happen by.
greenlight said:
...I live in a quiet and peaceful neighborhood except for about 25 dogs that bark all the time. They bark at each other blocks away, and at passersby...
The owners of many of these animals often just love the fact that their dog barks at anyone and everyone on both sides of the fence and lawfully walking down sidewalks. It makes them feel safer. It really burns me when I'm walking down a public sidewalk and some great, hulking beast starts barking at me just eighteen inches from my side.

I'm not trying to take the discussion off topic. I find it very upsetting that the percentage of really dangerous dogs as 'pets' has risen greatly in the last forty years as it has become more difficult to purchase, possess and use firearms for defense.

Simpletons who have no business whatsoever owning any dog now think nothing of buying a pit bull for their yard because of crime.

Last edited:

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
...I don't get it; I just called the police station to get a copy of the report as Animal Control asked, and they say "no crime was found and there's just an incident report" -- the kid there ADMITTED to trespassing and releasing the dog from the trap..and that's not a crime? :shrug:

any LEO's care to explain??

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
TedTheLed;
:wow:
These people have no more right onto your property than thier dumb-donkey dogs do.
Put up a few "No Tresspassing" signs up. :banned:
Kudos for you with your restraint though. :bow:
Some people would have "opened up" with shotguns with rocksalt shotshells in some rural areas I have been to.
Locks?
Round padlocks that boltcutters cannot get into, would be the better move.
Not the long U-bolt types.
I keep boltcutters in my van in case it ever gets booted. :p

Some people just don't "get it" do they? ... :shakehead

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I go running in a residential street neighborhood and in honor of this thread, I took track and counted no less then six households in a mile and a half stretch in which the dogs barked long and ferociously (not really exaggerating that much, they barked a long time after I was well by the house) as I ran by on the sidewalk. I think this is so unfair to the neighbors and this is pretty mild, compared to Ted's situation.

Ted if you ever get a picture of the dog caught in the trap, I hope you'll post it, I'd love to see what it looks like.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Almost forgot to mention this;
Even disposable 35mm cameras can be developed and digitized.
Look in the "previews" part of it's cd for easily postable pics.
www.photobucket.com can then help a bunch with the rest as far as posting those pics. :naughty:

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
you wants pictures; I'll try - my brother may be getting a digicam soon..

in the meantime I reset the trap (it sprung in the night, and all the food was gone - but I can't prove it was them..)

I figured since they know there's a trap and where it is there's no sense in hiding it in the bushes any longer, so i moved it out into the open where I can keep an eye it from my house and there it sit's gaping open and baited right in the neighbor's face, so to speak.

.. baited it with some nice delicious Alpo 'Filet Mignon' -! did you know dogfood came in that flavor??! Well I guess the dogs like mignon because when the neighbors came home, and let the dogs out ( evidently they have started locking them inside when they leave)
the dogs made a beeline for the fence (where they get through) and the bait bits I threw about! The neighbors ran after them and had quite a time dragging them away.. haha..

I hear y'all -- I'll try to get pics..

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, Ted (I know it's not really funny) but with the Alpo dog food bait, could this be considered as they would say in a court of law "entrapment"?

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
gee ;) I guess so! hopefully, the dog can't afford a lawyer..

tonight finds the neighbor crackling through the underbrush in the ravine, stretching out a new section of screen fencing, in an effort to stop the dogs from going around the short piece of fencing on the one side of the gate..nice show -- but they can just run around the other end 100 feet away..

oh well at least they are motivated to do something -- the turd is now back in their court, so to speak...

WhatMACHI

Newly Enlightened
Lol, at least they are making some attempt. Which im sure is because they dont want to lose the dogs NOT because they want to cause you less inconvenience.