• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Jeers to Surefire

I live 20 min from Surefire headquarter office. I visited there many times, and I always had good experience. And I also called them and send email them, and also had fantastic responses. I guess that most of there revenues came from military, tactical sector organizations, they might think civilian sector can be slow down to support a bit since we all have this pandemic situations around the world. It was the first bad experience with them. Since respondent from manager level, I might have to call CEO next time to explain what happened or personal visit after appointment. LOL

Last edited:

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Off center emitters are a controversial topic around here, always have been. Some manufacturers only consider it to be a cosmetic issue, and claim it doesn't affect the beam in any way, even going as far as telling customers to "Look down into the light when it's on, is it an issue now?", or something to that effect.

Others, such as myself, consider off center emitters, particularly in higher end, more expensive lights, to be nothing more than shoddy, lazy, sloppy work for which there is no excuse. I mean, how hard is it to center a damn emitter properly?

I had a negative experience with a bulb once, emailed and got the type of reply you received. Called in and actually spoke to someone and was able to get a replacement.

Off center emitters are a controversial topic around here, always have been. Some manufacturers only consider it to be a cosmetic issue, and claim it doesn't affect the beam in any way, even going as far as telling customers to "Look down into the light when it's on, is it an issue now?", or something to that effect.

Others, such as myself, consider off center emitters, particularly in higher end, more expensive lights, to be nothing more than shoddy, lazy, sloppy work for which there is no excuse. I mean, how hard is it to center a damn emitter properly?

I had a negative experience with a bulb once, emailed and got the type of reply you received. Called in and actually spoke to someone and was able to get a replacement.

Thanks for your input. I just frustrate the way handle this time. Maybe it is me, because I am semi-retied from my service business after 42 years and I always treated my client ( not customer even it was retail business ) the way they felt right. I will try to visit someday, hopefully resolve simple problem then.