Jeff Hanko Tribute thread

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations on the beautiful SW Ti LF2XT, Arturo! :)

Amazing work from Mr Hanko!

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went out to the garden tonight to pick tomatoes and bam! look what I found! It is a JHanko with copper programmable light engine from JHanko and SOYCD running 3x XPG2 5000K LEDs and a sweet optic.

R1066837_zpse835e2c5.jpg

I have to head out to the garden more often.

I must have the only Hanko in the world without trits (by choice I might add).

Now I just need to figure out how to program this thing and buy new pants as this light is heavy thanks to the copper.

Thanks Sean and Jeff!

eala

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm.......I have to take up tomato gardening as a hobby. .....

Went out to the garden tonight to pick tomatoes and bam! look what I found! It is a JHanko with copper programmable light engine from JHanko and SOYCD running 3x XPG2 5000K LEDs and a sweet optic.

R1066837_zpse835e2c5.jpg

I have to head out to the garden more often.

I must have the only Hanko in the world without trits (by choice I might add).

Now I just need to figure out how to program this thing and buy new pants as this light is heavy thanks to the copper.

Thanks Sean and Jeff!

eala

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
@eala, is that a jhanko'd Mac Tri-EDC with SOYCD Cu L.E? Very nice!

Yes, yes it is. Sapphire window. Standard McG clip. Host and LE completely machined by Jeff. Engine by SOYCD.

The machining work is nothing short of superb. Threading is smoother than I have ever felt in titanium.

eala

easilyled

Flashaholic
What light is this and where can I buy one!!!

Buck

You've actually quoted what the light is already in your post, awesome new style Ti LF2XT , made by Jeff Hanko - the guy who this Thread is a tribute to. There are details for where you can buy it from in the post directly above yours.

Last edited:

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it is great to see all this interest in Mr Hanko's work. The person to begin touch with is Jon (egrep). You can find the contact email at a previous post here:-
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ibute-thread&p=4432006&viewfull=1#post4432006

Speaking of contacting Jon, he is a great guy to deal with...
My next light is just an example of how resourceful he has been.
My set of EX11.2 lights was planned from the start to be a set of 5, somehow I thought out loud to Jon... "What if Jeff made a flashlight out of [!!!!!]?"

Next thing you know, he's hunted down an elusive round of [!!!!!!] and Jeff will be starting work on it soon. :D All the while, Jon has been hard at work trying to secure a round of [?????] for the past few months.:whistle: [!!!!!] & [?????] will be revealed in due time. :p

If you've been holding out for Mr Hanko to craft your dream flashlight... Hesitate no further, I say! :devil:

15060983798_c25c37f821_o.jpg

ZrO EX11.2 GG

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
jonwkng, YOU ARE KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!! :mecry::mecry::hairpull::mecry::mecry:

That light is just plain awesome looking! I am guessing its made from a Meteorite! lol My next light: Hanko Meteorite EX11.3vn

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am guessing its made from a Meteorite! lol My next light: Hanko Meteorite EX11.3vn

Well, I'm sure if you can source a large enough round stock of Meteorite... Nah, Fe-Ni meteorites are too friable. Can't be machined.
Oh wait... You were kidding. :D

It is not too difficult to imagine what materials are left... After all, I already have 4 EX11.2 GG lights... And in terms of exotic, non-precious metal round stock, there aren't that many choice left. Both the materials need pretty skilled hands to work (I think I've pretty much spelled them out). Have fun guessing and imagining! :p

15244444471_775504381b_o.jpg

Timascus EX11.2 GG

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something that has been done before like Tungsten? I have always wanted something stupid dense to carry around.

Personally, I think the Timascus lights are the prettiest...but the I still prefer the amazing qualities and durability of the hard Ti alloy.

obi

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both materials have been used before. Both are "processed" in a certain way. Both have been seen on CPF .:D
Both have been used by knife makers.
Jeff has worked fairly extensively with one of them, although different suppliers may impart their own signature look. Jon is still hunting for [?????], so I can't say much about that and it is not even WIP yet.

Ah, but the [!!!!!] is something that both Jon and I agree will be beautiful. Kudos to Jon for connecting the dots during USN G-VI and working with another amazing craftsman by the name Mike (Full name will be revealed in due time).

15060984108_e8717e465f_o.jpg

Ti EX11.2 GG

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's not something new under the sun...then why be so coy?

I love the design/idea of the 3d tail. That was a home run and will be copied, imitated, and redone forever. Awesome.

obi

Last edited:

H-nu

Enlightened
I believe that Jonathan is still feeling the euphoria of owning and handling those amazing lights from Jeff.

As far as Obijuan's comments, I respect your opinion and you are certainly entitled to them but the custom shells that Jeff produces are much more than simply shells (unless you are specifically referring to the EX11 series lights). I get the impression that you believe that anyone can produce these shells or perform the complex machining associated with customizing stock lights.

There are custom one of a kind lights in Jeff's extensive and impressive body of work and even the LF series of lights have significant engineering improvements to them.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Obi - I respect your opinion as well and you are entitled to feel however you want about the work that Jeff does. You are also free to express that opinion wherever you want. I do feel it is in poor taste to do so in this particular thread.