Jeff Hanko Tribute thread

cwilliams

Newly Enlightened
there is some super nice gear here fella's, im working with jeff right now on getting a v10r ti. :naughty:

Hiro Protagonist

Enlightened
scaled.php

scaled.php

egrep

Enlightened
Mr. Jeff Hanko is a magician machinist and visionary designer. His "3D" tritium pistons for the EX10 and D10 custom build is a masterpiece of precision engineering that only he can bring to the table. Recently Jeff realized a design he's been considering for a while. Namely, bringing the 3D tailcap to the legendary, rare and extremely valuable Lite Flux 2XT flashlight!

This is a AAA/10440 (10x44mm battery) flashlight. Jeff's rendition is a few thousands of an inch wider and a actually a little bit shorter than the original aluminum flashlight. Yet, he's managed to achieve a 10 piece GTLS 3D tailcap! There are also 10 GTLS (Gaseous Tritium Light Source) vials embedded in the head, behind matching fluted depression. This is the very epitome of perfection!

The Lite Flux 2XT has a very advanced and sophisticated programmable interface. There is a 3 page color coded flowchart depicting the intricacies of the two user interfaces available on this flashlight! You can set up to 5 levels individually using logarithmic or linear steps and the light will blink out the value while you program it so you know exactly the level set. It also has a visible voltage meter and will blink out the battery voltage on demand. Switchable Automatic Power Off prevents the light from being mistrakenly turned on in your pocket or bag to drain the battery or possibly cause burning. This is a very bright, to very dim light. It has ramping and discrete levels as well. It's pretty absurd how technical and aesthetic this beauty is.

In my opinion, this is among a literal handful or less of 'most holy grails' of the worlds flashlights. Only a few of these JHanko 3D LF2XT flashlights were created in a delightfull 10x6 configuration. Ramon (Compasillo) was the very first to have obtained these from Jeff. He calls it the 'Sweet Sixteen' configuration and boy is he right!. Ramon is, in my opinion the 'keeper' of the flame as regards Jeff Hanko's lights. I purchased my first EX10 from Ramon not very long ago after he very generously offered it to me and said "Jeff will be back". Ramon, I'm so very glad you were right and thank you for leading me to this fine treasure!

To my knowledge, there is only one JHanko 10x10 3D LF2XT. I humbly present a few hasty photos of it for your enjoyment...

Thank you, Jeff!

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
That JHanko 10X10 3D Ti LF2XT is absurdly beautiful egrep. Congratulations on it.

Hmmmmmm, I have an original black HA LF2XT. Just maybe I can send it to Jeff. :thinking:

Edisto

Newly Enlightened
This is the exact thread I was hoping to find when joining CPF today. I recently "discovered" JHanko's work on another forum and became instantly mesmerized with his craftsmanship. Thanks

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Jeff Hanko is a magician machinist and visionary designer.

In my opinion, this is among a literal handful or less of 'most holy grails' of the worlds flashlights. Only a few of these JHanko 3D LF2XT flashlights were created in a 6x6 configuration.

Completely agreed... Glad you finally got one (only one?) of these grails!

But the very first LF2XT made by Jeff in 2010 was only a 6x trits in the battery tube, without a 3D tail (never heard about a 6x6 configuration...). A couple of years after he found the way to build and absolutely amazing 3D tail and so he made two "little sixteen's" (10 trits in the battery tube and 6 in the 3D tail) wich I have the honor to own. This opened the door for other flashaholics (like egrep).

Good job Jeff!

egrep

Enlightened
Completely agreed... Glad you finally got one (only one?) of these grails!

But the very first LF2XT made by Jeff in 2010 was only a 6x trits in the battery tube, without a 3D tail (never heard about a 6x6 configuration...). A couple of years after he found the way to build and absolutely amazing 3D tail and so he made two "little sixteen's" (10 trits in the battery tube and 6 in the 3D tail) wich I have the honor to own. This opened the door for other flashaholics (like egrep).

Good job Jeff!

Likewise completely agreed with you Ramon. I only got two because there are limits to what I can be offered and what I can afford. I'm overwhelmingly grateful for this opportunity to have this wonderful gem. I had a very long night last (and several previous) nights but I wanted to 'bang this out' and I was not only innaccurate, I was incomplete. I've fixed that in my post. Thank you!

In my opinion, this is among a literal handful or less of 'most holy grails' of the worlds flashlights. Only a few of these JHanko 3D LF2XT flashlights were created in a delightfull 10x6 configuration. Ramon (Compasillo) was the very first to have obtained these from Jeff. He calls it the 'Sweet Sixteen' configuration and boy is he right!. Ramon is, in my opinion the 'Keeper of the Flame' (KotF) as regards Jeff Hanko's lights. I purchased my first EX10 from Ramon not very long ago after he very generously offered it to me and said "Jeff will be back". Ramon, I'm so very glad you were right and thank you for leading me to this fine treasure!

Last edited:

egrep

Enlightened
Thanks Jon. You're a great guy and a good friend. Enjoy the lights!

Thank you Ramon, that means a lot to me.

I would be remiss to fail to note that Jeff Hanko is a superlative individual. Not only is he gifted as a machinist and designer, he is a gentleman's gentleman and I can't find enough good things to say about him.

It's more than the Titanium and Tritium. A *lot* more.

Thanks Jeff!

Last edited:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be remiss to fail to note that Jeff Hanko is a superlative gentleman. Not only is he gifted as a machinist and designer he is a gentleman's gentleman and I can't find enough good things to say about him.

It's more than the Titanium and Tritium. A *lot* more.

Thanks Jeff!
Indeed! His service both before and after the sale is exemplary! :thumbsup:

chris975d

Newly Enlightened
I've just now realized that although I've posted pics of my last round of Jeff's lights in other threads, I've never actually posted them here in the thread they should be in. So, here is are a couple of group shots of my complete JHanko collection...for now. At least one other light is still with Jeff to be finished, when I can find a donor! (Hiro...you're slipping!)

Here are my EX11.2 (10 trits in tail, 10 in head, alternating white/yellow pattern), JHanko modded V10R Plus (turned down and grooved AA extender, "toxic" clip, and 5 white trit damascus bezel), and one of a kind (at the time) D11.2 Damascus (5 trits in bezel, 10 in 3D tail, all yellow). I even threw in a non-conventional JHanko made item here...the ring Jeff surprised me with for my (upcoming) wedding, made out of the same Chad Nichols Damascus as the V10R bezel and D11.2 light. Who knew Jeff could make jewelry too? Although, his lights could be considered "man-jewelry" I suppose...he just forgot to mill the trit slots in the ring :D

photo12ow.jpg

photo22jy.jpg

Last edited:

chris975d

Newly Enlightened
This made my day! :grin2: (nice collection, by the way :thumbsup:)

Thanks! And, I can't take credit for the "..trits..." comment about the ring. That comment actually belongs to Hiro. That's the first thing he (jokingly) asked me when I showed him the ring a month or so ago.

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
OMG, what a collection Chris! Beautiful and very rare damascus D11 among those beauties. Thanks for sharing the pics.

I do believe Jeff is a specially gifted craftsman so he can make anything, jewel-lights included. As egrep said above, it's hard to find enough good things to say about him. And not merely as craftsman but human being. Simply exceptional. (Sorry Jeff, I know you don't like this kind of comments but it's all true)

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Experimenting with light and lens I got this shot (no Photoshop or image post processing) wich seems to me like a couple of LF2XT rockets at the ignition time...

egrep

Enlightened
Experimenting with light and lens I got this shot (no Photoshop or image post processing) wich seems to me like a couple of LF2XT rockets at the ignition time...

I love it! Do you mind if I work on a similar shot on my own? Great composition! :)