Jeff Hanko Tribute thread

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
This wonderful LF2XT just arrived here less than an hour ago. When I saw Daniel's post on this light
I was not in the market for another JH custom but as I told Daniel, this very same light caught my eye
in an older photo posted and was a deciding factor in my decision to go ahead and order one for myself
so I knew I'd regret passing it up. The light in question is the one with blue & red vials and I think it makes
an interesting contrast to mine as the clip, flutes and finish are different. I'd like to thank Daniel for a painless
deal & the fast and careful shipping. Please excuse the sub-par photos taken with a small sensor P/S camera
and no tripod to boot!

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
Those are great photos, Arturo, and beautiful lights. Thank you too for your part in a very pleasant transaction - and also for providing a great home for the gem that Sean and I both had the pleasure of enjoying for a while.

Your GG LF2XT is particularly exquisite. :)

H-nu

Enlightened
That stone washed titanium light is amazing. Simply amazing. Sean's work is also quite impressive. Wonder when we can start sending lights to Sean for touch ups! :)

Hiro Protagonist

Enlightened
Some modest additions :)

PairofV10Rs_zps11de4e1e.jpg

easilyled

Flashaholic
Sean, the ti LF2XT turned out great! Art, congrats on another great LF2XT!

Daniel and Jon, your collections are among the finest here. :bow:

Thanks for the nice words Hiro. Jon's is far ahead of mine, but I'm lucky enough to have secured a few treasures for myself. Your LF2XT must definitely be amongst the finest and most extensive around.

CRKDMike

Enlightened
Ok this thread was a bitter sweet experience. Bitter because I know I'll never get to touch some of the more rare works, but sweet because I got to see them. Furthermore, I am very lucky to be able to snag one from Daniels collection. I hope to complete that transaction tomorrow.
Nice pics guys. I killed about two hours, off and on, hunched over my iPhone drooling over some of those lights....

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, Mokume Gane ?

Yes, Ryan. Mokume Gane from custom knife maker and Mokume Gane expert Mike Sakmar. Will post more photos once the light is ready. :)

It is quite interesting, that like Damascus... The final look of the material will be remarkably different after machining and etching. I'll be going for a deep etch, so the results should be interesting. :)

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received this light in the mail last night and I am ecstatic about it! The quality of his work is not hype, it's real. The gunner grip needs to be felt to understand how awesome it is. I find myself running my fingers over it all the time. The stone wash finish is truly beautiful (my light was in the tumbler for SIX days!). My light is a twin to Arturo's light and the clip? It's crazy to look at it knowing that it's a machined piece and not bent into shape.

I have had experience with Jeff's work on my 007 Turbo Head, but the LF2XT takes it to a whole new level.

I'll let my crappy pictures do the talking