Jet III-M low profile crenulated bezel problem.

hyperion666

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I just receives my JET III-M and I ordered the low profile crenulated bezel with it but, it wont screw all the way to make contact with the lens so the lens is loose and it's no longer watertight. Any one have encounter this problem before?

Thanks

hyperion666

Newly Enlightened
Oh yeah, the bezel removal tool does'nt work with it either with the crenulated bezel.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not for me. Mine has a slight gap.

You might need a thicker o-ring under the lens. I find Jetbeam tends to vary their o-ring thickness from build to build.

Check with your retailer, they can probably send you one or more o-rings.

WHT_GE8

Enlightened
Obviously it is somewhat normal as somebody else has the same problem. As already mentioned just get a thicker o-ring or send the bezel back. Done.

hyperion666

Newly Enlightened
Obviously it is somewhat normal as somebody else has the same problem. As already mentioned just get a thicker o-ring or send the bezel back. Done.

Well, I dont consider ''normal'' a piece that as the exact same thread then the original bezel not being able to be screwed in. That part was designed to go there so there is not such a thing like ''normal problem''. The threaded part as the same lenght and the OD are the same also. After another inspection, I think that the threads are somewhat wider (just like the square threading).

Like you said, I will obviously send it back. I just wanted to clarify that a problem should never be normal.