JetBeam III LE/Mil or EagleTac T100C2

TonyBPD

Enlightened
Just as the topic states. Help me choose a better duty light. I've been out of the game for a while now and after a little research I have narrowed it down to these two lights.

I'm a police officer and this will be my new duty light. Fire away! Thanks

Toaster

Enlightened
Both can make good duty lights. But the T100C2 has protruding tail switch for easier activation, (removable) grip ring, better throw, and much better regulation on 18650 so it gets my vote.

litetube

Enlightened
I have the Jetbeam LE/M in R2.

It is a nice light . Very simple 2 mode. I mostly just leave it titened down on high but it is nice to have a 2nd mode at 30-40lumens for reading. Only thing is I cant change modes via the head single handedly. Maybe some with stronger hands can? . I am not a cop but this thing is hefty and feels like it can take some seriuos abuse. Stainless steel rings at both ends and a nice crisp strong feeling clicky switch . Square threads are nice too. A crenallated bezel ring is available but kinda pricey at $25.00. The clip is ok but does feel a little weak. should have been done beefier but will probably hold up BUT I feel it is positioned a tad bit too far down towards the head thus too much of the light sticks out of the pocket for my likes. Not that it would fall out or is top heavy and probably makes it easier to grab and withdraw from a pocket but I like a slightly lower ride. I would think you will have this ina duty holster anyway?

I am still torn between this and the Olight M20 R2 and have almost bought that about 6 times now . I need help :( Have you looked at that light yet? another good contender and it comes with a cool holster with spares pouches attached . Jetbeam doesnt come with holder. Go with 18650s though either way:) with primaries for backup unless your dept. pays for batts?:whistle:

Npc1978

Newly Enlightened
If you are looking for a solid holster for a jetbeam III M, the surefire v70 polymer holster fits it like a glove. Very secure and matches the finish. I've been tossing around the idea of getting an olight m20 myself, however my wife made many sacrifices to keep me in college so splurging on that when i have about 5 other good lights is not only selfish but irresponsible. Having said that the jetbeam military is a very nice light i have the one with the warm emitter.

Npc1978

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both and I highly recommend the T100C2. Amongst many other benefits, it has possibly the best regulated efficiency with an 18650 to date. However, if you need strobe, an ultralow level, or better color rendition, you may want to consider the Jet-III M.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
One strike against the JetBeam Military model is the clip. Makes the light very uncomfortable to hold, once it's out of the pocket. I bought mine, tried it out for a few seconds, and then stored it away. If I had the chance to try it out at a B&M shop, I never would have bought it. I'll likely give it away in about 6 months, during the annual CPF Flashlight Giveaway that ksbman hosts.

Yup, the clip is that bad! No matter how you rotate the light in your hand, the clip keeps getting in the way.

AbnInfantry

Newly Enlightened
Yup, the clip is that bad! No matter how you rotate the light in your hand, the clip keeps getting in the way.

My Jetbeam Military R2 is my favorite flashlight. Since the clip is easily removable, I don't see what the problem is if you don't like it.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
My Jetbeam Military R2 is my favorite flashlight. Since the clip is easily removable, I don't see what the problem is if you don't like it.

My favorite way to carry a light.... Clipped to the top of my pants pocket. I'm S.O.L. :shakehead

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's disheartening... I had been looking at this light as a potential buy, I've been good and not purchased anything lately :(

Last edited:

litetube

Enlightened
I have to say , though the clip is there and your hand does wrap around it in the traditional Icepick grip, I dont see how it is more obtrusive or uncomfortable than most other lights with clips? It's the same style as on SF lights . I will admit it is a bit more in the way than say a Nitecore D10,D20,EX10 clip but all clips disrupt the ergonomics and form of a light. Now I would like tosee it be a bit more robust. I fear if it catches on something whilest riding in a pocket it will get bent out. The SF clips are stiffer.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I have to say , though the clip is there and your hand does wrap around it in the traditional Icepick grip, I dont see how it is more obtrusive or uncomfortable than most other lights with clips? It's the same style as on SF lights . I will admit it is a bit more in the way than say a Nitecore D10,D20,EX10 clip but all clips disrupt the ergonomics and form of a light. Now I would like to see it be a bit more robust. I fear if it catches on something whilest riding in a pocket it will get bent out. The SF clips are stiffer.

Nope, very different compared to most Surefire clips. The E1B being the only light currently with the same style clip as on the JetBeam Military model. I have 13 different Surefires. Both the traditional short and long clips are very comfortable. Even on the E1B, with the clip folded over the way it is, Surefire made the thickness as thin as possible; but still allowing for good function.

That's not the case with the JeatBeam Military model. The thickness of the clip, not to be confused with width, combined with its short length; makes for an uncomfortable light to hold. Not something I can illustrate on an internet forum. You have to hold the light in your hand, to see what I mean. It's unfortunate because otherwise, it's a very good light. But so uncomfortable to hold that it sits unused in a cabinet. It really seems as though JetBeam added the clip as an after-thought. If someone on the design team had held the light with the clip in place, I can't see how they'd have thought that it was fine.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Today I removed the grip ring from my T100C2 and replaced it with the grip ring from a SF C2. All I had to do was cut the tab off of the C2 ring.

It feels quite nice. Not worth creating a thread about so I thought I'd just say it here. Carry on.

litetube

Enlightened
Hmm. I dont know, my clip doesnt seem that thick. Like I mentioned it could stand to be thicker and stiffer. I can bend it up with my finger and light pressure. I think it could stand to be moved closer tothe tail and that would definitley help with the ergonomics of it but it is very similar to the SF clips, it even attaches similarly true it is closer to the E1b but it shares the same attachment method and attachement point style of the others being slid into a "nothc" cut into the body at the junction of the body and head.. I guess it is different for everyon just like tints and UIs. To each his own. I will agree the clip can be improved !!!;)

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Jet III-M FTW. Try it with clip maybe it will feel well in your hands if not remove clip no problem. I personally like the Jet III-M I could clip it in my sap pocket plus I have not dropped mine, but if it does it has the bezel in front and in the tailcap which would help just in case it was dropped. I have dropped one of my lights before when I put it between my legs and jump out of my unit. I if anything get both lights. Oh and thanks for the FYI I didn't know it fit the V70 holster.

Latest posts