JetBeam JET-I PRO (Cree R2) 1AA Review: Beamshots, Runtimes, and more!

T4R06

Enlightened
got mine today, the light is incredible. im on 35mins AW 14500 but the light is just warm
this is my 1st R2 light and im impressed.

i noticed that on low i hear some hissing sound. medium and high no problem.
is this normal?

all in all its a great light.
good job jetbeam, thanks BOG for a fast shipping.

Dogshund

Newly Enlightened
yeah mine has a slight noise on low but can only be heard if you really listen and its a quiet room. med and high is fine but never use med anyway.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
is this normal?
That's not uncommon - the electronics on a lot of circuits tend to generate a faint whine or hiss on low modes.

I don't hear it on my sample, except for when the memory mode "flash" kicks in on low or medium (a brief low whine is audible with the flash).

Don't worry about, it's not a problem.

magic_elf

Banned
Any reason why these other lights emit such sounds but the Fenix P3D for example, dont?

psyrens

Newly Enlightened
got mine today, the light is incredible. im on 35mins AW 14500 but the light is just warm
this is my 1st R2 light and im impressed.

is this normal?

all in all its a great light.
good job jetbeam, thanks BOG for a fast shipping.

So... it's SED (Sound Emitting Diode)??

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Any reason why these other lights emit such sounds but the Fenix P3D for example, dont?
Someone more familiar with LED electronics would have to answer that, but I've noticed it is far more common on lights that use PWM for lower output modes. Except for the 1AA multi-stage lights, Fenix uses current-controlled drivers (which also happen to be among the most efficient out there)

That being said, there is certainly no correlation between PWM freq and degree of hissing on the lights in my collection (I've seen some speculation that higher PWM is more llikely to cause it - which doesn't match my experience).

werdnawee

Newly Enlightened
Hi Selfbuilt,

Great review as always.

:thumbsup:

Would you consider the Jetbeam-I Pro the BEST AA X 1 thrower currently on the market?

What would be the BEST CR123 X 1 thrower currently on the market?

And that are still readily available.

(Looking for the BEST pocket thrower using single batteries. (I was a Regalight WT1 which is pretty small))

What about the newer Jetbeams? (I guess if there isn't a great difference in size between 1 or 2 cells)

Thanks a lot of any feedback

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Would you consider the Jetbeam-I Pro the BEST AA X 1 thrower currently on the market?
Yes. :)

What would be the BEST CR123 X 1 thrower currently on the market?
I would agree with Steve L, the D-mini digital (Q5) would be the best thrower I've seen.

However, JetBeam is sending me a Jet-II IBS to evaluate, so I should have an update for you in about a week or so. The earlier Jet-II wasn't as bright as the D-mini, but the new IBS circuit should go to higher driven levels. We'll see!

Last edited:

werdnawee

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yes, the D-mini digital (Q5) seems to be the best single cell and was looking at it last night. Purely for looks but I wished it came in BLACK instead of Natural. I saw the Q2 was black but different performance.

I will hold all purchases for now and wait for your review of the Jetbeam-II IBS.

Thanks

AaronZuckerman

Newly Enlightened
hi..

Yes, the D-mini digital (Q5) seems to be the best single cell and was looking at it last night. Purely for looks but I wished it came in BLACK instead of Natural. I saw the Q2 was black but different performance.

I will hold all purchases for now and wait for your review of the Jetbeam-II IBS.

OCDGearhead

Newly Enlightened
Nice review, as usual, thanks.

It looks like a nice light, too bad they could not be bothered to fix the problems with it Before bringing it to market.

I really want a Jetbeam, but it will not be this one.

Last edited:

Latest posts