JetBeam Jet-II PRO review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, etc.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The original Jet II IBS (as seen in my sigline) does indeed have a focusable head, which you can loosen to provide a larger/more diffuse hotspot (the same "focusing mechanism" as the other LED lights, like the E20), but that's not the key feature - you can *remove the head/reflector entirely* for bare-emitter use. This feature is unbeatable when it comes to reading; just drop to minimum and remove the reflector for perfectly smooth and even lighting across the entire page. And on maximum, it's literally like walking around with a garage worklight, 180 degrees of what looks like household lighting.

It also has a very slightly wider spillbeam, but it's not quite as bright as the PRO's (that light is instead focused at the hotspot for maximum throw, the Jet II IBS is the mass-produced 1x123 throw champion). The II IBS does not offer a clip, and is a bit wider than the PRO at the bezel.

JeffN

Enlightened
Guys, this is all nice information, but you're stomping all over one of selfbuilt's excellent review threads. I see DHart has started a "what should I buy" thread -- why not take the rest of it there... :poke:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeff... good point... sorry for this being here... if the moderator would like to delete these posts, please do so... thank you.

Selfbuilt's reviews are an incredible resource (and they're costing me money!) ;)

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
No worries everyone - I find the back-and-forth discussions about the merits/limits of various lights often help contribute to the completeness of the review. :)

A few extra points:

The Jet-II IBS doesn't have a tailcap lock-out, although the Jet-II PRO does.

Although you can run the original IBS circuit on a forward clicky, it is really not designed for this and can be a bit cumbersome if you try (i.e. have to remember to press-hold for the ramp to engage, etc). The Jet-III M has a slightly revised IBS circuit to facilitate use of a forward clicky.

:wave: