Jetbeam Jet-III Pro IBS CONSOLIDATED reviews

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the Jet-III, after getting it for several weeks, my only issue remains ... the pocketclip. It needs a little more tension to be functional. That's my $0.02.

Citivolus

Enlightened
I love the Jet-III, after getting it for several weeks, my only issue remains ... the pocketclip. It needs a little more tension to be functional. That's my $0.02.

So what do you make of this one then? :whistle:

3pro-2.jpg

Regards,
Eric

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm almost about to place an order for one of these.
Here's my concern....

If an emergency arises and I dont have a charged 18650 on hand, can
this be run on 2 RCR123's or 2 CR123's???

Thanks for the reviews guys, very helpful!

Ray

Britelumens

Enlightened
Here's my concern....

Ray

Hi Ray,

From the specs, the input range for JET III Pro IBS is between 0.7V - 4.2V and 2 series of RCR123's or CR123's would exceed the recommended range.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should be able to mod it to take higher voltages, or make some kind of adapter to use 123's that cuts the voltage. I'd only recommend that if you don't care about warranty and you have a good idea what you're doing. Best thing to do is keep a charged battery somwhere handy.

Edit: Or a dummy cell might work. See Below ;)

Last edited:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm speculating here, but you may be able to use one RCR123a along with a dummy cell that has 0v, here's one at Battery Junction. The only thing is an AW RCR123a us only rated for 700mAh, while an AW 18650 is rated at 2200mAh. So you'll get about 1/3 of the runtime. I'm not sure if it'll work or not since I don't have a dummy cell, but I can't see why not.

Here's my concern....

Ray

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Citivolous, is that clip from the E1b? I tried removing the clip from the Jet-III and it was farily difficult ... I used a paracord to try to pull it out. I thought it was glued or something. How did you remove it. Has anyone else replaced the clip?
So what do you make of this one then? :whistle:

3pro-2.jpg

Regards,
Eric

gilly

Enlightened
Citivolous, is that clip from the E1b? I tried removing the clip from the Jet-III and it was farily difficult ... I used a paracord to try to pull it out. I thought it was glued or something. How did you remove it. Has anyone else replaced the clip?

I also used some 550 cord through the clip and PULLED! Came off - and I succeeded in slicing my thumb (of the hand holding the light) pretty deeply on the clip! Darn! Suggest you wear gloves!

Good luck.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did the same thing ... I guess I really really have to pull hard. I just thought it wasn't meant to be pulled out so I gave it trying. Thanks for the suggestion ... you potentially have saved my digits.

I also used some 550 cord through the clip and PULLED! Came off - and I succeeded in slicing my thumb (of the hand holding the light) pretty deeply on the clip! Darn! Suggest you wear gloves!

Good luck.

Citivolus

Enlightened
That is the clip on the new Titanium Edition. I've asked JETBeam if they have any plans of releasing a similar clip as a retrofit accessory for earlier torches, hopefully they say yes :)

Regards,
Eric

Kippers

Newly Enlightened
I received the Jetbeam Jet-III Pro IBS from Bugoutgear a week ago and am very happy with the purchase so far. The fit and finish on this light is top notch. The machining is detailed and of excellent quality. Being able to custom set three brightness levels with no SOS/Stobe is perfect for my needs. The light is so bright that I am using the 50% level (two flashes -which is brighter than actual 50%) as my high level (no heat buildup/ longer runtime). The lowest beam setting is very low which I really like. I am using Tenergy 2200mah fully protected 18650's that I bought from Battery Junction 1 1/2 years ago. Four of six cells fit snugly but work just fine. My two new Tenergy protected 2600mah would not fit. I will try AW's when I put in an order. I took the light camping this weekend and had no problems - lots of light, lots of throw, good tint, and three completely adjustable levels. This light is a very good size for back pocket, jacket pocket, or holster wear.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm so looking forward to get the my Jet-III Pro IBS. It hopefully will come this week.

rayman

Last edited by a moderator:

DM51

Super Moderator,
Supporter
I have just removed a fairly large number of off-topic posts, all started by a trashing hijack which had absolutely no business to be in this thread, and then continued by other members unnecessarily replying to it.

Some scattered useful content in a few posts may have been lost, but I am afraid that is just too bad.

Please would members stick to the subject of the thread, and not go flying off on irrelevant tangents.

Citivolus

Enlightened
That is the clip on the new Titanium Edition. I've asked JETBeam if they have any plans of releasing a similar clip as a retrofit accessory for earlier torches, hopefully they say yes :)

Regards,
Eric

It is a yes - this new clip will be available as an accessory for the Jet-III Pro. Further info will be posted on the marketplace to keep the review thread on topic.

Regards,
Eric

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another question which I posted in the Marketplace Thread but I think is better to be posted here.
What does the 'Waterproof according to IPX-8 Standard' mean?
Can I use the light under water?

rayman

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
IPX-8 standard is pretty generic. I'm not 100% certain, so you may want to google it up. From the best of my memory it basically mean that your flashlight will still function even if your drop it in water (up to 10 feet deep) for up to 30 minutes. Basically, it means that your flashlight is wheatherproof, and dunkable (in case you drop it in a pond). I guess you could swim with it if the water is not too deep, but it's not a dive light.

Another question which I posted in the Marketplace Thread but I think is better to be posted here.

rayman

DM51

Super Moderator,
Supporter
Extract from a post I made in another thread:

... the IPX8 standard is totally worthless as a way of rating the suitability of a light for underwater use. By all means test your light by dangling it on a cord at depth, but do NOT assume if it doesn’t leak that this means it will be a good light to use for diving.

Recreational divers should use a proper dive-light rated for use to at least 30m / 100ft. Anyone who uses a light which has not been specifically designed for diving is asking for trouble.

To rely on one as a back-up dive-light would be suicidal. A diver’s back-up light is by definition one which he may need to be able to rely on in an emergency, when its failure could very easily lead to his death.

Citivolus

Enlightened
IPX8 simply means waterproof to a depth of greater than 1m for a period of time and a to a specific depth as defined by the manufacturer (often but not necessarily 2m for 30 minutes). Not a dive light, but fine in the rain.

Regards,
Eric

DM51

Super Moderator,
Supporter
That is correct. However, the problem with the IPX8 test is that it is static, not dynamic. Moving parts are not moved during the test, i.e. the light is not switched on and off, and the light is not handled, bumped, knocked or moved in any way during the test.

A dynamic test, where the light is actually operated underwater, is what is needed to make a proper evaluation of a light's suitability for underwater use.

IPX8 is useless in this respect.