JetBeam Jet-III PRO ST Review: RUNTIMES, COMPARISONS, PHOTOS and more!

NewTech

Newly Enlightened
Well I'm a Fenix fan but I just ordered this light (my first Jetbeam) from Light Junction (R2 with BVC). I'm very excited about a P3D'ish (one my all time fav EDC's) light that can use the new Ultrafire 18650 3000 mAh cells. If the new cells don't work I'll use the 2400 mAh's. Has anyone tried these new cells? Know if they will fit?

New Ultrafire 18650 3000 mAh cells fits perfect in my Jetbeam III M R2, Fenix TK-11 R2 and Jetbeam RRT-2.

Techeon

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very much, was a little concerned. It is really amazing that a pocket light can use such an outstanding battery. I think the JB III-M warm tint is next on the menu for me if I like the ST.

mhejl

Newly Enlightened
How snug are the surefire 1" F filters/diffusers on a Jet-III ST?

I have two older F04s that just slide right off the Pro ST; not tight enough. Maybe because they've been stretched out over the years on other lights? In fact, I lost one of my F04s because of this.

Anyone tried a newer F0*?

Techeon

Newly Enlightened
I just got my Jetbeam Jet-III Pro ST BVC R2 from LightJunction today and can confirm that all 18650 batteries that I have fit including the massive Ultrafire 3000 mAh. The light looks good so far except it shipped with a cracked lens but trying to work with Lightjunction to resolve this. I'd like to add, although it's a little bigger then the Fenix P3D, if feels about the same as an EDC in the pocket which is exactly what I was hoping for. :D

Dobbler

Enlightened
I have two older F04s that just slide right off the Pro ST; not tight enough. Maybe because they've been stretched out over the years on other lights? In fact, I lost one of my F04s because of this.

Anyone tried a newer F0*?

Are they loose on SureFire lights too?

Skyraider59

Newly Enlightened
JetBeam Jet-III PRO ST R2 BVC programming problems

Hi,
after having problems in programming my PRO ST R2 BVC
icon8.gif
Christo_pull_hair.gif
, I have made some very careful testing and monitoring and to make the light IBS work as it should do on the R2 BVC, I have to follow some slightly different (home made) instructions.

But Now the flashlight works like it should! Whithout finding myself in the wrong mode or having problems getting out of the programming modes.:thumbsup:

I have launched a new thread https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/259805
And I need some feed back, to find out if yours works like mine.
THANKS
wink2.gif

JML

Enlightened
I just realized that the Olight Beam Diffuser for T-series (T10 T15 T20 T25) will fit the Jet-III Pro ST perfectly. Result is a very nice flood pattern.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
recently i bought the jet lll M in warm tint, and love it.
i caught the warm tint bug, and would like to either get the pro st in warm tint, or buy a lego warm tint quark.

i just want to ask how the beam is, i would prefer a more floody beam, but knowing jetbeam, their lights favor throw. my jet lll M has a fairly narrow hotspot, was wondering how the jet pro st compares to it. im hopeing its a wider hotspot, with a brighter spill. can anybody comfirm this?

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
skyfire,

You can check out comparison beamshots of both lights in selfbuilt's review of the Jet III M here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/211631

From your beam requirements, your best bet would be to replace the XRE with an XPG.
It will give you a bigger less intense hotspot with more spill.

EDIT: just realized you are after warm tints so disregard the XPG :)

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
skyfire,

You can check out comparison beamshots of both lights in selfbuilt's review of the Jet III M here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/211631

From your beam requirements, your best bet would be to replace the XRE with an XPG.
It will give you a bigger less intense hotspot with more spill.

EDIT: just realized you are after warm tints so disregard the XPG :)

:thumbsup: thanks for the reply!

i just receive an email from BOG asking if they have the warm tint in stock, and they do! and its BVS. i forgot to ask if it comes with smo reflector.:shakehead

now i cant decide whether to buy a neutral white quark head for my quark 123-2 or this jetbeam!:hairpull:

think ill have to sleep on it, since ive had alittle too much whisky:drunk:

ehehe i love those smiliey faces, and always wanted to use this one:dedhorse: <----this lil guy is eeevil! LOL

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd personally get the Jetbeam, then you'll have another light.

BTW that smiley guy isn't evil, he's just massaging the horse like they do with the kobe beef cows. If you look closely that horse is fast asleep totally relaxed...

Skyraider59

Newly Enlightened

Skyraider59

Newly Enlightened