JetBeam Jet-III PRO ST Review: RUNTIMES, COMPARISONS, PHOTOS and more!

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this light would come with a Cree Q3-5A and the 18650 only driver it would be almost perfect for me. I have alot of 4/3a,and 4/3af cells I would like to use along with some 18650 cells.

Dobbler

Enlightened
Does anyone know what the current Jet-III Pro ST specs are? Does the broad voltage model come with an OP or SMO reflector? Are both switch types (forward/reverse) included? What color is the front bezel (stainless or brass)?

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the SMO reflector available?.. just trying to get the most throw without getting too big for pocket.

--------------
Edit.. nevermind... I think 5" in too big for my pocket.... 4" is better with the Jet I Pro w/IBS V3 with a tad more lumens but less runtime and has the SMO option..... After all, its not size that matters!... at least thats what I was told! :huh:

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I got my III Pro St in today very impressed its a little thicker than it looks in pictures. Interesting thing though is on the side of the box it says Jet III Pro ST R2.

Not sure if this means it is a R2 instead of a Q5 or means something else.

My only small complaint is their is a chip in the finish on the top of the tailcap about the size of a pen head.

I have seen these kinds of marks before on tailcaps but it's usually on the inside.

I'm not sure if this is caused by the manufacturing process of just a random chip.

Dobbler

Enlightened
Strange. Where did you get yours from? BugOutGear said no R2 and none on the horizon when I asked just a couple days ago...

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok so I sent an e-mail today to BOG asking about the R2 on the side of the box here is a quote of the e-mail

"the light you received was the last R2 we had left from a special run of R2ST's"

Well thought that was pretty cool anyway.

Dobbler

Enlightened
Ok so I sent an e-mail today to BOG asking about the R2 on the side of the box here is a quote of the e-mail

"the light you received was the last R2 we had left from a special run of R2ST's"

Well thought that was pretty cool anyway.

Ah, so you beat me to it by a day or so :mecry:

Cheapskate

Enlightened
The Ti M has an R2 in it and they are still available.

According to light-reviews.com, they put out 8470 lux in the spot vs 4350 for the ST.

dubliftment

Newly Enlightened
which of the driver circuits is more efficient, i.e. performs better in runtime: 0.7-4.2V input voltage or 2,7-15V? And where in the world could I still get the "old" 0.7-4.2V circuit with 3-Slot-programmable IBS?

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone had problems with the UI on the Jet-III ST (BVC)?

Today I received my second Jet III St, the first was a 18650 only version with the R2. The one I got today is the BVC version and I'm having problems with it.

For example if I am in mode A and program to any output level instead of programming mode A it programs mode B. Same for mode B it will program mode C.

Their is also terrible PMW buzzing sound on all outputs except the max output.

Also I didn't expect the rather purple tint. One more thing, is the BVC not a "Pro" model because the label on the light just says Jet-III ST with Broad Voltage Circuit under that. Any suggestions or comments please? I fear I may have to send this one back.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is how the Jet-III Pro ST BVC programs. Mine and all of them I have tested program this way. Mine does not have the buzzing sound, but my 49 year old hearing may not be as good as yours. My tint is a really nice white, white...No purplish hue at all. And last, mine also is labeled Jet-III ST with the words Broad Voltage Circuit underneath.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
For example if I am in mode A and program to any output level instead of programming mode A it programs mode B. Same for mode B it will program mode C.

Their is also terrible PMW buzzing sound on all outputs except the max output.

Also I didn't expect the rather purple tint.
As for the buzzing sound, that is likely inductor whine (it is not related to PWM - current-controlled lights experience it as well). It is highly variable and hard to predict - but if your light has it, you are stuck with it. I've had the occasional light that was quite loud on some settings on some voltage sources.

Of course, it is up to you whether the buzzing and tint is sufficient to warrant a return. As with everything, I suppose it is a question of degree.

Last edited:

lakefx

Newly Enlightened
Placed my order here: http://store.bugoutgearusa.com/jetiiiprost.html and got it in a very short time (last Thrusday). Ordered the 18650 only version but the BVC was the one they sent. Not sure if it was a mistake but I think this one will be a better choice so will keep. On mine all three modes can be programed and I have it set to be low, med, hi (no strobe but its available). This was done from just the clicky and I did not try it from the head. This one came with instructions, product card, lanyard, two O-rings, and a black rubber clicky cap as extras. The light has the reverse clicky installed. Tailcap has that same plastic ring nut inside. I'm useing a non protected Sony 18650 I harvested out of a laptop bat-pac. The light is very white (cool) and the hot spot in my opinion is very tight for a casual pocket light used mainly indoor but probably great for outdoor use. I also tried 2 rechargable cr123 cells and low and med looked to me to be about twice as bright. Hi was also brighter but not by twice that I could tell. Wish this came with the OP reflector. Love the UI on this rig but find myself getting into the programing mode at times by accident but does not take too long to get used to going a little slower with the switch to prevent this. Overall I'm likeing this light a lot and am useing it more and more. I also order a pouch (SNLBP27) and lanyard (SNLLY) from here: http://www.powerledlighting.com/index.html The OEM lanyard is a bit over kill for most use but should be perfect for gloved hands.

Here's a pic to give you another idea of size. The blue FL is a 2xAA Mini Mag. Lanyard is the aftermarket one mensioned above.
IMG_0919.jpg

This next pic shows the pouch. You can see it has 100% valcro overlap and light is a snug fit inside. Sides are elastic and opening at bottom is small enough to not loose the light. It can come out through this opening but I had to pry it over very hard. Pouch is very high quality for just four bucks.
IMG_0921.jpg

This gives you an idea of what it looks like from the front and also how big the belt opening is.
IMG_0922.jpg

Last pic shows SMO reflector, SS bezel, and notice the pouch is padded. Stitching is outsyanding for the price!
IMG_0924.jpg

DuncanHynes

Newly Enlightened
Hello JetBeam III Pro users, could anyone tell me if you can remove the glass lens and what size would it be? I like to have LDF lens for an option if I were to get this light before it's hard to find like the MK II IBS! Thanks!:D

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lens is right behind the removable bezel.

Don't have my mic's here at home, can't measure exact size.

Need more off-center spill while you throw? More output? Try an XP-G. :D

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3691.jpg

DuncanHynes

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Paul, good to know I could get to lens easy if needed...guess I'll get measurements when mine comes :naughty:

Techeon

Newly Enlightened
Well I'm a Fenix fan but I just ordered this light (my first Jetbeam) from Light Junction (R2 with BVC). I'm very excited about a P3D'ish (one my all time fav EDC's) light that can use the new Ultrafire 18650 3000 mAh cells. If the new cells don't work I'll use the 2400 mAh's. Has anyone tried these new cells? Know if they will fit?

Latest posts