Jetbeam Niteye EC-R16 Or Similar Sized Light With Equal Or Greater Number Of Lumens?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been a long time member of CPF, but sometimes I don't follow all of the new lights as close as I would like. With that in mind, I am looking for a small, bright LED flashlight that can be clipped onto a brim of a baseball cap. Some months back, I was pretty close to getting a Jetbeam Niteye EC-R16. Now that several months have passed, are there any other similar lights that small that have a high lumen output? I like the idea of the turbo output of 750 lumens. I am also aware that it will only run for about a half an hour at that setting with a 16340 cell.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't forget you can run it on 18350 cells for better runtimes. There are several similar lights like the Fenix RC09(available in aluminum or titanium), or you could get a Nitecore EC11 and EC21 that will let you use a 16340, 18350, or swap body tubes with the EC 20 and run an 18650 for really long runtimes.

IamMatt

Newly Enlightened
You might be able to broaden your horizons if you don't restrict yourself to lights that come with hat-friendly clips. If there is another light you like more, you may be able to get an aftermarket clip for it that will allow you to clip it to your hat.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Niteye EC-R16 is a nice lightweight light. I perfer to use 18350 Efest purple cell.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam Niteye EC-R16 Or Similar Sized Light With Equal Or Greater Number Of Lumens

What are some other contenders in this category?

torchsarecool

Enlightened
You might be able to broaden your horizons if you don't restrict yourself to lights that come with hat-friendly clips. If there is another light you like more, you may be able to get an aftermarket clip for it that will allow you to clip it to your hat.

Yea I wondered how crucial that was to. The mecarmy pt16 looks cool.