Jetbeam TCR3 upgrade?

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Hey all, I just scored a Jetbeam TCR3 Ti over on the marketplace... I know the RRT2 that it is based on now has the option of the more powerful R5 led... Do you know if its possible to get the older TCR3 up to speed? I would even be willing to buy an RRT2 with the R5 to swap if I knew the LED modules were interchangeable... Thanks!

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all, I just scored a Jetbeam TCR3 Ti over on the marketplace... I know the RRT2 that it is based on now has the option of the more powerful R5 led... Do you know if its possible to get the older TCR3 up to speed? I would even be willing to buy an RRT2 with the R5 to swap if I knew the LED modules were interchangeable... Thanks!

Man I have been looking for one of them good find is it mint ? How much did you score it for ?
Sorry no help with your question.

cheers

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Thanks Rat, I havent seen mine yet, but apparently it is mint minus a tiny scratch on the bezel, $200... FYI I heard back from JetbeamUSA on the question above. They said no because the head is sealed and "not easily modded", and of course they had to mention it would void the warranty... I'm still tempted to try...

I wish someone with an RRT2 would chime in, whether or not the LED module is removable...

Thefo

Newly Enlightened
I have the RRT2 R5 but have never attempted to take the head apart, perhaps this thread and this one may help a bit though? I'm pretty sure you'd need some heat and strap wrenches as the head is sealed...if I can find some pics or a link I'll post it here. Note: the second thread is for the R2 which has the older head design but it should put you in the ballpark.

Last edited:

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Rat, I havent seen mine yet, but apparently it is mint minus a tiny scratch on the bezel, $200... FYI I heard back from JetbeamUSA on the question above. They said no because the head is sealed and "not easily modded", and of course they had to mention it would void the warranty... I'm still tempted to try...

I wish someone with an RRT2 would chime in, whether or not the LED module is removable...

Thanks for the info now I know the ball mark I can expect to pay.
I did see a review on YouTube somewhere they tested the RRT2 R2 vs RRT2 R5 and they said the throw was better on the R2 but the R5 was better in other areas cannot remember much so I wonder if it is worth it ?
But then again it's always fun to mod it the way you want it plus it will be one of a kind :rock:
I am loving these JETBeams and plan on collecting them all in time.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Thanks for the info now I know the ball mark I can expect to pay.
I did see a review on YouTube somewhere they tested the RRT2 R2 vs RRT2 R5 and they said the throw was better on the R2 but the R5 was better in other areas cannot remember much so I wonder if it is worth it ?
But then again it's always fun to mod it the way you want it plus it will be one of a kind :rock:
I am loving these JETBeams and plan on collecting them all in time.

Thats good to know, especially about the throw. This happened with my Eagletac T20C2Mk2... I had the original one, "upgraded" it to the brighter XM-L module, and the throw suffered... But yes I like the "one of a kind" factor as well.