Just ordered a Titanium XM-L EDC this past Sunday 3/3/13...

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm gonna look really silly if my light doesn't show up. lol

AhtfFFK.jpg
Any news on the light?

Nutdip

Newly Enlightened
Is the court case proceding?
The way I filed, it was incumbent upon me to have him served first before anything else could happen. I am not going to do that because he emailed me.

It may be that he just had to take some time to drill it for the clip? I didn't order a Tri-EDC with a clip, I ordered an XM-L without one, but in light of the fact that it has been so long and because he offered it to me, I accepted one with a clip. In his email he said "just let me know if you want a clip or not." So... Maybe he hasn't found the time to drill it yet? Who knows.

At this point, what's a few more days/weeks/months after waiting 3 years. lol I really don't think Chris would send that email to me, essentially starting the statute of limitations over with a new promise if he didn't plan on shipping a light to me.

I actually found out that my credit card company is willing to go after him for the money and refund my card even though it has been so long. (because I have such a good paper trail including this thread and ooodles of emails.) It's just that I don't want the money. I don't want to settle for an Okluma or something similar. (I don't like the knurling.) I want my Mac's custom. Possibly the last one ever! :)

Exeter354

Enlightened
I was all with you until this comment. You take that back! :nana:

Agreed! There is nothing "settling" about an Okluma. Quite the opposite...it's way better thank you very much! Not to mention, Jeff would never have kept you waiting for 3 years!

Ladd

Enlightened
They are both incredible lights. Could it be that people are nuts about Mac's (including me) because of the back story and no lack of drama.

recDNA

Flashaholic
The way I filed, it was incumbent upon me to have him served first before anything else could happen. I am not going to do that because he emailed me.

It may be that he just had to take some time to drill it for the clip? I didn't order a Tri-EDC with a clip, I ordered an XM-L without one, but in light of the fact that it has been so long and because he offered it to me, I accepted one with a clip. In his email he said "just let me know if you want a clip or not." So... Maybe he hasn't found the time to drill it yet? Who knows.

At this point, what's a few more days/weeks/months after waiting 3 years. lol I really don't think Chris would send that email to me, essentially starting the statute of limitations over with a new promise if he didn't plan on shipping a light to me.

I actually found out that my credit card company is willing to go after him for the money and refund my card even though it has been so long. (because I have such a good paper trail including this thread and ooodles of emails.) It's just that I don't want the money. I don't want to settle for an Okluma or something similar. (I don't like the knurling.) I want my Mac's custom. Possibly the last one ever! :)
I'm kind of hoping you inspire the man to build more flashlights.

Nutdip

Newly Enlightened
Agreed! There is nothing "settling" about an Okluma. Quite the opposite...it's way better thank you very much! Not to mention, Jeff would never have kept you waiting for 3 years!
No offense at all to Okluma. It is settling for me. I don't like the looks of the knurling (as!I mentioned...) and he won't make one without the knurling. It's just aesthetics for me. Personal preference. I have heard nothing but good things about his lights.

nbp

Flashaholic
I have a Ti Tri EDC from Mac as well, and I do love the smooooth body. But the Okluma is verrry nice; on par with Mac's machining. The knurling is pretty fine, so it adds some gription but is not aggressive enough to eat up pockets or anything. Plus, Jeff is such a great guy to work with, it was really a pleasure to be able to support him. For anyone who wasn't able to get a Tri from Mac before he closed up and wants one, the Okluma is a very solid option. At any rate, I'm going OT here. :oops:

Nutdip

Newly Enlightened
I have a Ti Tri EDC from Mac as well, and I do love the smooooth body. But the Okluma is verrry nice; on par with Mac's machining. The knurling is pretty fine, so it adds some gription but is not aggressive enough to eat up pockets or anything. Plus, Jeff is such a great guy to work with, it was really a pleasure to be able to support him. For anyone who wasn't able to get a Tri from Mac before he closed up and wants one, the Okluma is a very solid option. At any rate, I'm going OT here. :oops:
Yup. I have read every page of Jeff's thread since day one. They are beautiful and I think it''s nice that he won't make an option that looks any closer to Mac's Tri. It sets him apart a bit but still keeps that beautiful form factor alive.

I am not a collector like a lot of you. I am just a person who really likes top quality and it has to feel good, look good to me. When I got a hair up my butt about buying a custom flashlight, I delved into your site and checked out all of the custom makers. I almost went with McGizmo but decided they were a bit too busy for me design wise. Obviously nobody can say anything bad about those lights, it's just a personal preference. When I saw the Mac's EDC lights? I was done looking. It was just the light that appealed to me most. I will have it! lol

Exeter354

Enlightened
We're just messing with ya brother. ;)

Yes, this is true. We know you meant no offense. I have always loved Mac's lights, but couldn't do business with the man. I acquired a few second hand and I love them. But Jeff's lights feel a bit more robust to me. I also love the knurling - he nailed it perfectly, just enough for grip, not enough to be too sharp. And beyond that, Jeff is someone I love to do business with. He's one of the nicest guys on the planet. He's the Anti-Mac. Both fantastic machinists though!

Please keep us posted on the status and post some pics when it comes!

Nutdip

Newly Enlightened
Progress...

Chris just replied to the email from my last post. :)

"Vance I will cover shipping. I ran out of LED's and just received some XPG-G2's yesterday and am just finishing up reflowing them on the boards. I tested one and got 950 Lumens on High. I will without a doubt have a tracking number to you tomorrow. It will be coming USPS priority.

Thanks"

Nutdip

Newly Enlightened
Mac finally came through. :) (Thank you Chris, the light is perfect...)

He even took the time to program it as I requested which was low/Med/High.

I took a lot of pics because It's like Christmas and I feel like a 10 year old with my new BB Gun, so please forgive me. These are the best that my Iphone could do:

They need no explanation. They are just from the moment I got it to about 15 minutes after. And now, it stays in my freaken pocket until I'm dead! lol

I don't know how many pictures each post will take, so... I'll just put 5 per post for the next 4 posts. I took 20 decent pictures. I ordered an XM-L but I received the Tri because that is what he had and offered to me and I accepted. I like it and will keep it.

Many Thanks to IsaacL for all of the help and encouragement along the way. You're part of the reason that I kept sane waiting for my light and all of the reason that I was able to contact Mac throughout the process. Cheers!

Z3GVEHA.jpg

SMumsRR.jpg

Ija94yS.jpg

HQGN6no.jpg

EfKi8pL.jpg

yvDtpkN.jpg

Last edited: