Kel-lite

Dirt Boss

Newly Enlightened
Hello,I have a 3-D cel Kel-Lite that I'd like to have repaired.I think it needs a switch.Can anyone help me out?Thanks in advance.George

Dirt Boss

Newly Enlightened
First I changed the bulb when I got it,then took it apart and cleaned it.I put new batteries in.....nothing.The switch was very loose as though it wasn't making any contact inside.Thats as far as I got.I hope I explained myself correctly.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
First I changed the bulb when I got it,then took it apart and cleaned it.I put new batteries in.....nothing.The switch was very loose as though it wasn't making any contact inside.Thats as far as I got.I hope I explained myself correctly.

I'm not sure what might be required to fix it but to be honest it might not be worth the effort depending on whats wrong and how difficult finding a switch is. Just my 2 cents

Dirt Boss

Newly Enlightened
I hear ya Ebow however this flashlight is a heavy duty piece of equipment.I own several "other" lights such as the ones you have listed and I don't think they're 1/2 as good as the Kel.I'm sure someone here will point me in the right direction.Thanks for the response though at least somone's reading the post!!!!:D

PJ

Enlightened
CPF member abtomat collects the old Kel lites. I sold him one a few years back.

Send him a PM and he may be able to help you fix it or find a new switch.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure what might be required to fix it but to be honest it might not be worth the effort depending on whats wrong and how difficult finding a switch is. Just my 2 cents

Kel-Lite is where this all started back in the early/mid-70s, or at least that's when I bought my first Kel-Lite. I'm with the OP - these are worth keeping and fixing, even if technology has moved on. :twothumbs

bouncer

Enlightened
Yeah,
I'd fix it or give it a mild mod like a rop but I'd keep the original parts these a becoming collectible.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don Keller, the inventor of the kel lite, is Maglites head designer. Email mag, might have some suggestions...