keychain flashlight EDC

bodhran

Enlightened
Just ordered the Astolux M02. Not sure what it's called but has the rainbow colored heat treatment and looks great. Available in XPG-2 and 3, Nichia 219b. I already have plenty of 10180 lights but couldn't pass this up.

fkrow

Newly Enlightened
Another recommendation for the PK-PL2,,, just rec'd mine and it is fantastic.
Excellent quality and very bright at 110 lum with 12 lum low.

Obsoletes all my other AAA small lights.

Regards,
FK

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dollar for Dollar, one of the best AAA available

http://www.banggood.com/Astrolux-A0...of-Keychain-EDC-LED-Flashlight-p-1026854.html

bf7ccf28bf553e694aaaf02198486c22.jpg

Last edited:

PartyPete

Enlightened
I won a Fenix CL05 a few months back, the problem is its pink. So that went on my wife's keys. It's more of a mini lantern really.

I ended up with a Fenix UC01 for my keys.

mrheosuper

Newly Enlightened
nitecore has just released new EDC light, nitecore TIP, with their dual button system, usb charging, 320 lumen, build in battery, this is an EDC flashlight you should consider to buy
Personally i don't like there 10180 flashlight, the cell is hard to find( unless you order from internet), run time is short, a few modes
the only thing i like is their size, i would still buy one, but not for Everday carry, but for my collect

SteveAZ

Newly Enlightened
And now there is a Tube RL for those red light lovers. It doesn't do white, but for the price and size, you can put one of each on the keychain.

My EDC does red and I don't really need a keychain light. If I did I'd consider the Thumb just because I really like the dual white/reds.

I ordered a half dozen [white] Tubes at <$10ea with shipping and gave them away - I've been more than compensated for them in beer alone
i-D9bJRVc.gif

Carpdoctor

Newly Enlightened
I am interested in getting a keychain light with a built in charging port. I am in the USA and the links posted above see to be outside the US. I am a little nervous about ordering from outside the US. Any suggestions?? A few are listed on Amazon but seem very overpriced.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a little nervous about ordering from outside the US. Any suggestions?? A few are listed on Amazon but seem very overpriced.

I have not had any problem ordering from outside the US, except that it takes longer and costs less than Amazon. FWIW, the lights sold on Amazon also come from China or Thailand. Except Amazon makes a fee, so you pay 3 times more $61 vs $19:

if it helps you feel better the Astrolux M01 in this link, are being shipped from Canada, not China, so may get to you sooner than the ones on Amazon that ship from China.

If you want to buy a flashlight that is "assembled in USA from mostly USA parts", look at the Surefire Sidekick. I dont recommend it, as it has terrible PWM.

So, which keychain lights do NOT use PWM?

Does anyone know if the Astrolux M01 uses PWM?

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Let us know where outside of the US you plan on ordering from carpdoctor, chances are some one will have and can advise if it is a good to go option. Allow generally 2-3wks(can be quicker)

Carpdoctor

Newly Enlightened
I have now clue which one to get. This is actually for the girlfriend. Is the Astrolux m01 a good choice?? The Ghost? The Quantum?? Jet beam mini? I do like a more neutral tint. I am open to trustworthy places to order from. In or outside the us. Thanks

Update I watched the video review of the Astrolux mo1 and I like the beam "color" does it have the pwm that everyone to worried about?

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, which keychain lights do NOT use PWM?

Does anyone know if the Astrolux M01 uses PWM?
This discussion came up 'over there' in regards to the TIP/TIP CRI. According to the Nitecore Store, the TIP does not use PWM. So far any of those that have received theirs haven't contradicted that statement, so I am going on the premise that it is true.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the Astrolux m01 a good choice?? The Ghost? The Quantum?? Jet beam mini?

I added a couple of links, you still need to look up the others
compare price, type of tail aesthetic, type of metal

stainless is heavy
titanium is light
brass is heavy

to my eye the Ghost looks like a Quantum, I think they are all using the same basic parts with minor changes to the body design and material

pick a material you think your girlfriend will like :)

if you want to go beyond cool white, the choices pretty much evaporate. the Hobi Plus is going to have a Nichia, its due at the end of the month. I would hold out for anything with Nichia

Carpdoctor

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Nitecore MH12 and ordered a Toolvn. I can't let her touch those. lol She has so much crap on her keychain another ounce isn't going to matter. The Astrolux M01 has the nichia.

WigglyTheGreat

Newly Enlightened
My new keychain light is the Nitecore Tip which is replacing the Nitecore Tube. So far so good with this light and it has a lot of output for it's size. I plan to get a Tip CRI 5000k version later on.