KL1 question...

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't been following the KL1 threads too closely, so at the risk of asking a question that may have already been asked...I know that the KL1 is designed to be used on the E1e/E2e, but will it fit on a standard E1/E2? I assume it will since the bezels are the same size...but assuming has got me in trouble in the past
rolleyes.gif
, so I thought I'd better ask...thanx!

PJD

...there is nothing in the world more frustrating than a lousy beam...

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
The KL1 will fit on any of the Executive E-series, but as Wolfen says, used on the E2 and E1 you won't have the clip any more, because that is attached to the incandescent bezel.
The Elite E-series, i.e. the E2e and E1e have the clip mounted on the body using the standard SF interface, so the clip can be retained with the Incand head or the KL1 head.

Jahn

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, no clip. That's exactly why I'm getting a KL-1 for my E2, because I don't like the clip. I like the fact that we have a choice:

E1 & E2 = no clip
E1e & E2e = clip

Size15's

Flashaholic
You don't like the clip?!
shocked.gif

Each to their own I suppose.

The E2+KL1 ended up at the bottom of my trouser pocket and was too noticable (especailly when sitting)
I find that the E2e+KL1 is just as easy to carry as the E2e is for me clipped to the inside of my trouser pocket.
The E1e+KL1 is even smaller and thanks to the strong secure PocketClip stays put.

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
I didn't like the BDC. I never tried it on the E2e (because when I had a BDC, the E2e wasn't invented)

I believe Shelby still has a BDC...

Al

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I too prefer bezel down. Lens is likely to stay cleaner and more protected. I have sewn small loops of 1/4" tubular webbing holding a metal ring inside and at the tops of all of my pockets. I can hang my keyclips on these rings and the keys and gear stay in the pocket but hang above the botom of the pocket. No more punched holes in the pockets or large lumps of settled gear.

I have found that an E1E can be also carried this way in loose fitting shorts and trowsers.with the bezel down, dust and lint don't gather on the lens and returning change to the pocket doesn't contact the lens.

I use a mini clip and a couple of split rings attached to pocket clip to accomplish this. In the photo below, You can see how the light hangs on this clip assembly. ( It's a shot of one of PK's proto KL1's on E1E; I made a couple of these clip assemblies for PK)

clip-E1E.jpg

On tight fitting pants like Levis, the clip will easily attach to a belt loop. For a quick look see, the light can be turned on and pointed without even unclipping it.

Hey, this was kind of on topic(s)................

Darell

Flashaholic
Certainly there are times when any clip is in the way. When using the SF holster, it is nicer to NOT have the clip, so I can see a benefit of the KL1 on the E2, for sure.

Now, let's HAVE THEM!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The clip version worked better for me, since I can just clip it to my cellular phone holder on the side of my chair, and it was always right there at my side & couldn't be forgotten at home. A non-clip version would probably end up rattling around loose in the bottom of my satchel, so I'd have to dig for it if I needed it. In my case, it doesn't matter if the bezel is up or down, since there is nothing to impact or contaminate it.