KL4 LuxV : LED Problem or Nothing?

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there guys/gals,
Below is a picture of my KL4 head's LED, a LuxeonV. Whats that in the picture? I found this accidently when I was looking at it when it was flickering (battery about to die out) and I noticed the foreign object on the led itself. On detail investigation, the object is not on the LED dome but underneath the dome ontop of the LED filaments.

77860328.sg2xc6n5.jpg

Is this a LED defect?
FYI, I bought it from a CPF member quite recently in mint Condition. So I guess its a factory fault. Would Surefire entertain such a complaint?

What should I do? Help me out guys! :candle:

TIA :)

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't see the pic, but it sounds like the die itself and it's not a defect at all..

Edit - I now CAN see the pic, but personally if the light has been functioning all this time without you seeing anything I wouldn't worry about it. The defect is slight, and the turnaround time for the KL4 is a lengthy one compaired to most other Surefire lights (probably due to demand in service)

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers ACMarina. You are right. I may just leave it as it is fo now and see what happens in a few months of usage....

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what I'd do. You have other lights in the stable in case it does fail, but I wouldn't worry about doing anything with it unless it dies completely..