Klarus Mi X6 (XP-G R5, 1xAAA, Stainless Steel) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS and more!

kdhope1

Newly Enlightened
Great review,just recieved the Ti version 41.00 at Dino.
Really nice aesthetics on this one ,:)and it works well..thx..kelly

SAKplumber

Newly Enlightened
I've been reading up so I could find a good deal and a good dealer. $41 for the Ti is sounding good to me. I was just at their site . Found it in a web search for the Ti model. The search brought it up as the Ti model but when I clicked, it was the s.s. model. I immediately quit looking at them because it sounded kinda' tricky. Maybe I jusy didn't scroll down or something. I'll check 'em again. I have a s.s. neck chain abd didn't want to add anymore weight than I had to.

Norm

Retired Administrator
when exactly did you order it from Dinodirect? i got mine from Dinodirect too and it was a real Titanium version, others reported the same positive experience (forolinternas). maybe the seller doesnt take too much care to differentiate between the two versions, both look alike after all!

It seems to be clearly listed as SS now, no sign of the TI model.

Norm

SAKplumber

Newly Enlightened
I went back but could not find the link that had taken me there. I checked the site and couldn't find a Ti version offered. I went to UniqueTitanium.com and got it for $59.95.

BarryH

Enlightened
I also purchased two of the Ti listed ones from DD and received two SS lights... Took a very long time for them to arrive. :p

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems to be clearly listed as SS now, no sign of the TI model.

Norm
The dinodirect.com webpage still says "TC4".
if you know your physics, TC4 is short for a specified titanium alloy.

TC4 is no steel nor stainless steel.

i have contacted their customer service. nothing has changed. they still ship both versions under the same SKU so go ahead Norm if you're interested in purchasing it from them :)

5CardBLAZE

Newly Enlightened
I've been fooling around with both the Ti and the SS units.
I love 'em. I've drop tested both from 1.5m onto kitchen tiles.
For the (basically) flat drop, both had no probs.

HOWEVER I also choose to do an '""end-first"" drop, butt/keyring-attachment-end down (about 80degrees).
I tried this because I was suspicious of the bottom (-) contact not being a spring: merely looks like sprung-brass-shaving-piggy-tail thingy.
Alas, both lights are now damaged.:sigh:

I recommend you take my word for it, and don't do your own drop test allowing the butt to hit first.

If I get just the right AAA cell (tallest selection on benchtop), twisty contact (on) is made just before total thread runs all the way in.

With this one caveat, I still love 'em both.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
HOWEVER I also choose to do an '""end-first"" drop, butt/keyring-attachment-end down (about 80degrees).
I tried this because I was suspicious of the bottom (-) contact not being a spring: merely looks like sprung-brass-shaving-piggy-tail thingy.
Alas, both lights are now damaged.:sigh:

I recommend you take my word for it, and don't do your own drop test allowing the butt to hit first.

If I get just the right AAA cell (tallest selection on benchtop), twisty contact (on) is made just before total thread runs all the way in.

Hi Scardblaze,

i published a mod on another forum which will make this light butt-fall-proof ;)

dosei

Newly Enlightened
Klarus MiX6 - How to switch between outputs?

I just received my MiX6 Ti, and I really like the size and look. However, I am having trouble switching between outputs. When I twist the head it will go either directly into dim, medium, or high. Occasional, it will go directly into strobe mode. Is the switch supposed to go from low to medium to high to strobe progressively, or do I need to switch off one output level and switch back on to another output level? Or is my light defective?

TIA.

Norm

Retired Administrator
From post one

User Interface

Turn on by fully tightening the head/bezel against the body. The light is off when the bezel is loosened slightly.

Light comes on in Med output to start. To select a different level, twist the Mi X6 off and then back on again within 1 second. This will advance to the next level in the following repeating sequence: Med > Lo > Hi > Strobe.

There is no memory mode.

Norm

dosei

Newly Enlightened
Norm, thanks for pointing out the interface. Tried it and worked as described. For some reason I didn't find this review in my search. Thanks to the OP of the review!

Maltytasker

Newly Enlightened
I just bought one of these, and noticed that there seems to be a lot of variation in the number after the "MX6" on the body of the light. Mine is MX6F8269, but in looking at the photos in several of the reviews and seller sites, there are many different variations. Some start with a single F, while others have FF. Not a big deal, but I was just curious because I was wondering if they refer to different versions, and if mine is an older or newer version. Thanks.

Maltytasker

Newly Enlightened
That's likely a serial number.
Yeah, I considered that, but all of them start with a single F followed by a four digit number, or double F followed by a three digit number, so it seemed like that would result in a max of only 10998 units made, unless they expanded it. Not really important, as I do like the light, but just curious. Thanks.

flight777

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if the Klarus Mi10 XP-G R5 uses the same guts as the MiX6 reviewed here? It looks like they have the same exact performance specs. If so, the Mi10 would be a more economical version with the advantage of knurling on the body.

Also, can anybody tell me how the low mode on the MiX6 compares to that of the Fenix LD01? I already have the LD01 but I need a low mode that is a little dimmer.

Thanks!

~David