Klarus XT11

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambo180

Enlightened
Just realised this is an XT11 page. Sorry. Buy the XT11. After trying different UIs, the XT11 buttons really do sound fantastic.

BTW Teej - you're an asset to CPF, and myself & I'm sure many many others appreciate your detailed and informative posts.

Last edited:

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Finally got my xt11 from the mail!!! :) This light is totally awesome! Nice even spread and pretty good throw so it earns a place in my favorites as my general purpose, mid-range light.

2012-05-31114015.jpg

My insanely bright thrower, my mid-range and my edc. Love these lights! :cool:

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

HaileStorm

Enlightened
I don't know if anyone has done this but I noticed a groove in the XT11 tailcap wherein you can put another o-ring. Fits perfectly and I'm sure it will somehow improve the waterproofing of this light. Here's a pic:

2012-06-01134726.jpg

:)

rambo180

Enlightened
I don't know if anyone has done this but I noticed a groove in the XT11 tailcap wherein you can put another o-ring. Fits perfectly and I'm sure it will somehow improve the waterproofing of this light.

hi great pics. Tell me more about the Rominsen if you don't mind. (pm if you have to - this is a klarus post, don't want to upset anyone). I'm interested in knowing how many lumens you think it is? Thrower entirely, so no flood? Is the built quality good, or can you tell it is a cheapie? Anything else you want to add ;) cheers

cyclesport

Enlightened
haha. i this it is little more similar than both having an on/off switch and different modes, the button to change modes is also hold to strobe etc. but you have pointed out many important differences.

i now have the m20x. it is quite floody. in my inexperienced opinion, it certainly isn't much of a spotlight which i guess is more practical for most people.. the beam still reaches a good distance but there is no spot real spot involved, (3 trees will light up, rather than just a super-bright branch) what % of people really need good light on stuff over 150-200m away? i would guess less than 50%, not me anyway. would've been fun though.

it is fantastically bright, has a nice transition from spot to spill, and is feels well made. got it got $140 delivered with red filter, ATP Ti A3 AAA keychain light, weapon mount, 2x 18650 protected cells and a quality charger, holster, remote switch. very good deal.

CONS:
- the side switch blends in well with the barrel and is a pain in the *** to find in the dark. people say you can line up the belt clip with the button but the belt clip has a special indent to sit in a particular spot... unless you stop screwing the tailcap when the button lines up. either way - not ideal.
- the holster is strictly built for belt use. it won't work well as a cover in your bag as the torch moves around a lot and the barrel can fall out quite a bit, won't protect from dirt, and there is a strange hole in the holster so you can turn it on and use it while its in the cover, a little pointless but hey. i don't like velcro either. but that's just me. maybe you love it.
- it comes with a great GITD tail switch, but it took me 20minutes to put on and it still isn't perfect. - make sure you really want to use it before removing the black one.

Overall it's great. For a light that small, it is very, very bright. And sufficiently floody for amost anything in my opinion. Unless you're reading maps all night.
Good difference between modes and you never need to see strobe unless you want to. I've noticed the beam floods more if you take the strike bezel off too. Good purchase, would like to compare it to the XT11. I think the UI would be easier. Dam that side switch isn't easy to find.

Not trying to hijack the Klarus XT11 thread (I have one and its great) but a tip to Rambo180...put a drop of silicone caulk on the strobe button of your olight M20X, let it dry and trim to suit your liking...the button will then be easy to find. This is a common fix for Olights with the hard-to-find side strobe button.

rambo180

Enlightened
Not trying to hijack the Klarus XT11 thread (I have one and its great) but a tip to Rambo180...put a drop of silicone caulk on the strobe button of your olight M20X, let it dry and trim to suit your liking...the button will then be easy to find. This is a common fix for Olights with the hard-to-find side strobe button.

Great tip!! Thankyou cyclesport. Yes I've heard the Klarus is great, and even greater because you don't need silicone to find the strobe button!

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Since this is a klarus thread, i guess it would be okay to compare the xt11 vs the rc-t602.

Just charged my xt11 and my romisen t602 along with my xt2c. I'll have to say, the xt11 looks like a candle compared to the rc-t602. The t602 is definitely a thrower, throws much farther than the klarus. And it has a very usable spread (halo) which pretty much lights up whats in front of you.

As for build quality, I was surprised that the romisen felt more solid. But this might also be due of the heft of the t602. Although the klarus' waterproofing is definitely better, I feel that the romisen is built at least at par, if not better than my xt11.

Just my opinion but I'm no expert. Like I said, it might just be because of the t602's beefier build. Hope this helps!

Posted this in another thread but here are the three lights side by side:

2012-05-31114015.jpg

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

rambo180

Enlightened
Since this is a klarus thread, i guess it would be okay to compare the xt11 vs the rc-t602.

Just charged my xt11 and my romisen t602 along with my xt2c. I'll have to say, the xt11 looks like a candle compared to the rc-t602. The t602 is definitely a thrower, throws much farther than the klarus. And it has a very usable spread (halo) which pretty much lights up whats in front of you.

As for build quality, I was surprised that the romisen felt more solid. But this might also be due of the heft of the t602. Although the klarus' waterproofing is definitely better, I feel that the romisen is built at least at par, if not better than my xt11.

Just my opinion but I'm no expert. Like I said, it might just be because of the t602's beefier build. Hope this helps!

Posted this in another thread but here are the three lights side by side:

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Yes it helps. Thankyou very much. I imagine the battery life is much much better on the Klarus, and it would be much more pocket friendly. Thanks Hailestorm. My next light might be a U2 LED. Heard good things.

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Yup, battery life in the klarus is much better. If I need to drain my batteries, i just stick them in the romisen and let it run at 5min intervals. Drains em quite fast. Always welcome! :)

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm dying to to see if 3xRCR123A's with a makeshift extension tube would work on the XT11 :D.

The circuit is rated up to 8.4volts. I know I know. But 12.6 volts..... :thinking:

Should I dare? I want more lumens damnit.

Last edited:

HaileStorm

Enlightened
I'm dying to to see of 3xRCR123A's with a makeshift extension tube would work on the XT11 :D.

The circuit is rated up to 8.4volts. I know I know. But 12.6 volts..... :thinking:

I think this would be overkill :eek: haha! I wouldn't try it on mine, sounds risky. Let us know, though, if you decide to push through with it. If it's regulated, it might not fry the circuits. Still wouldn't risk it though.

e_erzan

Newly Enlightened
The more i read the more itch i feel like pulling the trigger on the XT11,but is it any better then Jetbeam RRT21?or on par?so far does it have parasitic drain like on RRT21?

HaileStorm

Enlightened
The more i read the more itch i feel like pulling the trigger on the XT11,but is it any better then Jetbeam RRT21?or on par?so far does it have parasitic drain like on RRT21?

Not sure about the rrt21 as i've never tried out one.

I read somewhere in this forum that it does have parasitic drain but it's not significant. It would take 12.5yrs to drain the battery.

Go on, pull the trigger :thumbup: You won't regret it, especially once you try out the Klarus UI. :)

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm dying to to see if 3xRCR123A's with a makeshift extension tube would work on the XT11 :D.

I run my XT11 on 2 x CR123s (6V) and it puts out more noticeably light than 1 x 18650.

2 x RCR123s is 8.4V off the charger with less runtime.

3 x RCR123s is as you say 12.6V off the charger.

You try it and tell how you go as I do not know how much voltage the driver circuit will take and for how long.

It is great little light, it would be a shame to blow it up.

Cheers

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just be aware of the fact that there have been a lot of posts especially mine on the how brittle the Tactical Ring is.

Mine broke a week after I got it.

It was never dropped and I made a new ring from stronger thicker ABS plastic.

You can find my thread on this issue on here somewhere.

Cheers

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Be aware of the Tactical Ring being easily breakable and there is a thread at -

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...rus-XT11-cracked-part-within-1-week-of-owning

I had heaps to say in that thread and made my own ring after getting sent 2 new ones from Klarus.

I did not trust it so I made a new one out of thicker stronger virtually unbreakable ABS plastic.

Cheers

e_erzan

Newly Enlightened
So it is recommended over the jetbeam rrt21 rite?12.5year is alright rather than 3days on the rrt 21,so i'll pull the trigger on the klarus xt11 after selling off my pc25....

e_erzan

Newly Enlightened
I just remembered that the xt11 will always ON on high right?or it has memory of last mode?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
No memory, always comes on high. Then use the mode switch to change level. The XT-11 was designed as Tactical Law Enforcement light first and foremost.

Status
Not open for further replies.