KYDEX ARC LIGHT UPDATE

Normark

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys...

First off ,, I'd like to apologize for leaving you guys hanging here for so long..

One problem after another,,and the entire project went South real quick...

Well the first batch I made using the Maglight Solitare as a model failed terribly..

I'm not sure why,,but the first 2-3 fit fine..I then proceeded to make about 30 of them,,which all failed..Then its start from scratch...

The hangup I have now is the knurling....At first I didn't see it as too big of a problem,,but it turned out to be a fairly big problem...

The guys here that know me,, know I don't do things half a$$ed, and I didn't want to tell you they were working when they weren't....

So this and MAJOR computer problems over the last month is what caused the hangup...

Peter..

Did you get the rigs I sent you??
and if so How did they work ???

Also,, can you make me one without the knurling ?

Doesn't have to work,,actually if you could make one that is solid the Exact same size before it is knurled,,that would be Best...

I'll work something out with you for the work.

I (Think) if I had a model like this, fitting would be a thing of the past, however I can't be sure....

The Knurling is causing more problems then I realized....

I also may be making the rigs too long...The knurling has the oppertunity to bite alot more on a long rig...If I made it half the size of the ARC,, this may get rid of the problem....

So guys,, Please don't think I've been avoiding you..I just have to make this work 110% before I can ship anything out... I don't sell products I'm not 120% sure of...

Hang in there with me...
By the looks of it there are roughly 20-25 rigs that are needed..I have most of these made now....

Thanks for your understanding...

ttyle

Eric....

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Eric, good to have you back man! Yes, I got the 6 "rigs" you sent me. Thanks very much.

They are a bit snug.

It will be tricky to get a housing without the knurling but with the anodize. I should include the anodize because HA adds to the thickness of the parts.

Our machinists are quite busy and I don't want to mess with their rhythm. I might be easier to get a piece of bar stock sent to you, which might be large enough to do the trick. This will also be a lot faster.

I will ask them about both options tomorrow morning.

Peter Gransee

GlockDoc

Newly Enlightened
Normark,
Glad to have you back. Sorry about all the problems, we understand
frown.gif
When you have them ready, we'll be ready
grin.gif
(one for me, please
smile.gif

GD

Bucky

Enlightened
How about a CPF Edition Arc AAA and Normark Kydex sheath combo?

We could order the CPF Edition from Peter and it would also ship with one Normark Kydex Arc AAA sheath, with the total price including the price of the sheath.

Maybe this would be too dificult to do and I guess not everyone who wants a CPF Arc also wants a sheath. It is worth a thought though
smile.gif
. Especially since it seems that Normark and Peter are already willing to work together.

Bucky

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bucky:
How about a CPF Edition Arc AAA and Normark Kydex sheath combo?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey - saves on shipping. I'm totally for it! Doesn't sound like the CPF ed is knocking at the door anytime soon though
frown.gif

Maybe by the time another batch of SB1's is available, there'll be a dimmer switch to add to the CPF edition. I'll wait for that!

Normark

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys....

We are in Business...

I've made mods to the last batch, then they all ended up in the trash...

The new prototypes have all worked, and I've got this figured out nicely now... The new ones ALL work and fit Great..

I'd like to explain something to you guys...

When I make rigs or holsters for anything be it, knives, folders, flashlights or multi-tools,,,the carrier has to be made in such as way that the tool is easy to obtain,,but stays in its holster well enough that jarring,or normal activity will not allow it to fall out...

With some items this is a tricky thing to do..For instance...

When I make Leatherman Micra holders,, or Mag-light Solitare, or Infinity Task light holders,, the plastic has to be quite a bit stiffer to hold the tool in place,,especially on the Solitare and Infinity holders,, because they are so smooth..The added thickness grabs the lights a little tighter..

My problem was,,when I made the holders for the AAA ARC, I knew that the knurling may have been a problem,but thought some adjustments after the initialpressing would fix the problem... Well it worked fine on a few of them but the majority failed....

Ihave to be able to make these fairly quickly, and spending 15 mins on adjustment wasn't going to work..

So,, what I did,, was used a thinner material, and cut down on the retention of the holder to over ride the knurling..Like I said before its a fine line between to tight and too loose.. I've been pulling my hair out all weekend over it,, and got absolutely Nothing done,, until late last night when I Figured out how to make these things properly...

The new holders will hold the AAA ARC nicely on your keychain,and you will be able to access the full function of the light with a slight twist/pull motion....

Peter...

The holders I sent you a little while ago,,set thos aside,, I will be sending you a new batch soon....

If you have a couple of broken or unusable AAA ARCs I would appreciate them,as it will save mine from more damage..
smile.gif

Anyway,, these are ready to go,, just need to figure out who wants them and how to distribute....

Thanks Guys for being patient with me while I figured these out....

ttyle

Eric....

Darell

Flashaholic
Eric - Please do us (and you) a favor, and start one new thread in the mfg section (or buy/sell/trade) to explain everything about this sale. There have now been four or five of these threads where everybody chimes in and says "one for me," "three for me" etc. But of course, nothing has ever happened with the information in those threads. Now I see it happening again in the current two threads.

We need to know how to order, how much they will be, what (if any) options there are (color, clip, etc). There's really no reason to have everybody post how many they want here - just let us know how to order them from you, and we can all contact you directly.

Thanks!

Larry R. Pace

Newly Enlightened
Normark, if you ever get the sheaths for the Arc aaa, I'll take two. Also, if you ever make a sheath for the Arc LS I'll take one! Thanks! Larry

shootist16

Newly Enlightened
I can't wait to get mine. I am glad to see Normark taking on this project. His work is top notch. I will vouch for the fact that he doesn't do anything half-assed.

Normark

Newly Enlightened
Hey Dennis..

Thanks dude for all of your help with this..
It has definately been a learning experience..

I very much appreciate the trust and kind words...

ttyle

Eric...