L2D CE VS P1D CE

sylvain

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Is there a big difference between the output of the P1D CE and the L2D CE?

I just bought the P1D Ce( i am very impressed) and i want to know if i should buy a L2D CE...

Thanks

sylvain

Newly Enlightened
I checked on flashlight reviews but is it possible to see the beamshots of both lights somewhere?

Thanks again

LightScene

Enlightened
There are beam shot comparisons here somewhere. I'll post them if I find them.
Buz beat me to it. http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=152286
I have a P1D-CE myself, and I've been looking at all of the new Cree based lights. The good news is that none of them are substantially brighter than the P1D-CE. The L2D-CE is just about the same. The D-Mini concentrates the hot spot so it throws about 40% better. Unfortunately, that makes it too bright for close up work. There's a Striker VG modded with a SS P4 (from batteryjunction) that concentrates the beam even more for even greater throw, and even less usefulness for everyday tasks.
The bad news is that once you have a P1D-CE it's really tough to justify buying another light. If you're really desperate, you could buy 3 L2D-CEs and band them together to make a super-bright light.

Last edited:

sylvain

Newly Enlightened
he he thanks for the info.

Maybe my M3,L2,C2,A2 and P1D Ce banded together would be a nice option....

i think that i am better to wait for new Cree Surefires...

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find the 'turbo' output of the L2Dce to be brighter than the 'high' of the P1Dce..
as mentioned above the lowest output is lower in the L2 with over 50 hours runtime..

also the clickie works very nicely; click on and it's on low, 'tapclick' and it cycles up through medium and to high, then it's the blinking modes. Turn the head (to tighten) and it goes into 'turbo' which is the brightest setting, a 'tapclick' will change it to a strobe, another 'tapclick'and it's back to to turbo, untighten the head and it's back to low -- so it's easy to swictch from lowest to highest with just one twist.

this sort of operation makes it, for me, very easy and fun to use..