Labelling Battery`s - Need Portable Label Printer Recommendations ??

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for a budget friendly portable label printer with easily available and reasonably priced tapes, I have tried permanent makers and they just rub off, also my penmanship is not the best.

Also some label printers waste a lot of tape at the beginning and end of the message.

Labels need to be super thin so they don't affect the battery`s width as much as possible.

Black text on white or transparent would look good.

Thanks for any suggestions.

John.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a Dymo Labelwriter 320 for all things label related at the brewery. Just seen a used one for about 30 quid on Ebay, but they seem to go for less if you look at completed listings.
Very easy to set up and use. You can also get cheap labels on Ebay. They do make translucent labels as well.
P

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a Dymo Labelwriter 320 for all things label related at the brewery. Just seen a used one for about 30 quid on Ebay, but they seem to go for less if you look at completed listings.
Very easy to set up and use. You can also get cheap labels on Ebay. They do make translucent labels as well.
P

Hi thanks for the suggestion but i was looking for a portable printer.

John.

Trango

Newly Enlightened
I have a Brother p-touch E100 (I haven't used it for batteries yet) has quite a few text options and it was cheap, but yes it wastes quite a bit of tape at the begining, if you print several labels at once is no big deal, but if you do one by one it's quite a lot of waste.

CuriousOne

Enlightened
I also have Brother P-Touch handheld label printer. I bought it on amazon on flash sale for $19.99 couple of years ago. This is great little printer, and non-OEM cartridges are 3-4x cheaper than original ones, and quality is almost the same.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quite a few Brother P-touch printers on Amazon UK from £15-25 so not that expensive.

I dont know what is a good printer from the list below.

Brother P-Touch H101C £16.99

Brother PT1000 P-Touch £19.99

Brother P-Touch H105 Abc £17.49

Brother PT90 Ptouch £18.34

Brother P-Touch GLH 100 £15.05

Brother PT-80 P-Touch £14.99

Brother P-Touch PT-H105 £24.25

John.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't help you John. My GF has one for her stores and we bought some of the 3/4" (5/8ths?) tape the other night. Seemed to be spendier than the 1/2" (12.5mm) in my link above, but it's ChinaMart.

How many cells are you going to be labeling? I would think that a basic model would be sufficient, if you're watching your money.

Read the reviews and try and get an idea regarding the better ones, would be my advice.

Chris

Trango

Newly Enlightened
As far as I know (and I may be wrong), the main difference is the designed use, for example I have a E100 which is for electrical/industrial use, at the time also existed the H100 model which was for home/office use, they are basicly the same device but with different simbols and quick access buttons, D I think stand for desktop (the ones that are larger than taller). Can't help you more than that.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have a brother PT-70 and have printed a bunch of labels for 18650 batteries usually I print 3-6 at a time and cut them apart with scissors and they seem to work fine.

Dubois

Enlightened
I have a Dymo LetraTag, that I think came from Aldi, or Lidl a few years ago. Worked OK until last week, when my wife wanted a label, and I discovered that I'd come to the end of the (paper) tape. The replacement was plastic, 12mm x 4m, but when I used the "scissors" button, using my usual brute force and ignorance method, I seemingy pushed too hard, and broke the thing. Still works, and probably it's an advantage that I have to cut the labels manually now, but it's hardly a good recommendation.

Amazon has it, but with tapes it's a lot more expensive than I seem to recall paying for it.

Oh, and the lack of QUERTY keypad (it's abcde ....) was a pain.