Lanyard attachment for Lumapower M1 (and similar)

TheMechanic

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure what forum this belongs in...I machined it, but it doesn't seem like it's a candidate for the machining forum; it's kind of a modification, but not really - more like an accessory, so it doesn't seem to belong to the mods forum; but wherever it belongs, I'm sure the moderators will be along shortly to put it there!

Anyhow, I was looking for a way to attach a lanyard to my Lumapower M1, and came up with this idea:

PICT1379.jpg

PICT1382.jpg

It simply slides into the slot normally occupied by the belt clip, and provides an attachment point for the lanyard. Material is plain drill rod, though it could be made of stainless, hard aluminum, or even titanium.

No, I'm not offering to make any for anyone - I'm too busy as it is! However, a decently skilled and equipped home machinist should be able to make up one of these from scratch in well under 10 minutes.

(If someone wants to steal the idea and make a fortune, be my guest!)

-=[ Grant ]=-

zgurl

Newly Enlightened
Hey,

nice job you did. Too bad you cannot make one for the others and I definitely have no skills for doing this, neither equipment :(

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent idea Mechanic !!

:goodjob:

BTW these type of attachments are fairly common in things like cameras and radios:

so it should be easy to find something ready at home. :)