• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Large wave of LunaSol 20's **SOLD OUT **

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: Large wave of LunaSol 20's

Mine is SOMEWHWERE in the system. They said it was a failed delivery, attempted, notice left. BUT, it was to a corporate mailroom, there is ALWAYS someone there. Now, they can't even tell me where it is, or which PO it might be at. There are three in the zip code, but they won't attempt redelivery unless I instructt hem to do so. If I don't know where they are trying to deliver (clearly not my mail room) then I'm SOL.

Don, if this goes back to you, contact me, and I'll pay for 2d day or something this time.

If I get any returns, I will most definitely contact the individual(s) and work out alternate means of delivery. Your situation sounds a bit off and hopefully it gets resolved!?!?!?

Nedtheshred

Enlightened

Hi Don,
Recieved my two LS20's
They are totally awesome.
Beautiful!
My ECD
They have joined the Fam.

Cheers
and much mahalo

Ned
IMG_6614-1.jpg

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast

If I get any returns, I will most definitely contact the individual(s) and work out alternate means of delivery. Your situation sounds a bit off and hopefully it gets resolved!?!?!?

I'm confident (with a US gov org...maybe a tad optimistic!) that it will all work out. these things generally do, even if they take a day or two.

chellyc

Enlightened

Mine arrived today (Monday) and it's awesome just as anticipated.:clap: I finally understand what's everyone means when they talk about a "useful low"... In fact I used the light on low a few times just tonight when looking for small items that had somehow landed on the floor. I'm already addicted to this light and want to have it near me all the time so I see a Yaesumofo-style lanyard in my future.

Thank you Don!!!

Chelly

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think I might need help. We are having wet, nasty weather here this morning. I left the house early, as I had the name of the central PO supervisor, caled her on my drive in, tracked down the package, and went and picked it up. I'm wet, a little sick, my wool pants won't be dry until Friday....but I have my precious....
The threads are the best I've ever twisted on a Ti light.

Oh, and Don, once again, your "imperfect" and "blemished" lights are a complete dissapointment. I have yet to find one of these tool marks, etc. All of my McG's must be counterfeit....

Saranic

Newly Enlightened

Got Mine in the mail.

Thanks Don

Workmanship is as close to perfect as I think you can get

bamabenz

Newly Enlightened

I too received my light yesterday, and I'm pleased. This is one solid chunk of titanium.

Is there a good way to loosen the clip? It is so tight I can't clip the light on my F10 cargo pants.

/bamabenz

McGizmo

Flashaholic

.... It is so tight I can't clip the light on my F10 cargo pants.

/bamabenz

I intentionally have been pre loading these clips a fair amount so that they will grab on thin material. If you lift the clip beyond its memory, it will return with less force. You can try clipping it progressively over thicker items to the point you deform its shape and it will no longer be so stiff. It is easy to loosen the clip while it is still on the light but getting it stiffer requires the clip to be removed from the light.

EDIT: glad these are reaching destinations. Coach, did you somehow jinx your delivery?!?! Bummer!

This wave is coming in nicely from my perspective. We are approaching the half way mark and it is refreshing to have these for a while and not feel so slammed! :green:

Last edited:

bamabenz

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the help Don!

Coach: I learned more than I want to know about priority mail tracking. If it helps, on my package, I got the "Electronic Shipping Info Received" status until Saturday night, when the status switched to a message that indicated that the package had arrived at the main metro PO in Rochester, NY (at which point I relaxed quite a bit). On Monday morning, the message changed to indicate that it had arrived at my local PO in Pittsford NY. I got it delivered later the same day.

So if you are still at Info Received, it ain't even close to you yet.

Good Luck,
bamabenz

The Coach

Enlightened

EDIT: glad these are reaching destinations. Coach, did you somehow jinx your delivery?!?! Bummer!

Well, it was either the picture of the USPS stealth bomber or the crack about King Kamehameha day. :devil:

dohnf2.jpg

My message:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on October 25, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

:banghead: :laughing:

Aepoc

Enlightened

GOT MINE TODAY!!! Its awesome! I have only had it for like 4 hours and I have already been through 2 batteries... I love it!

Thank You Don!

Crash

Enlightened
half New Orleans, half Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Don,

I got mine today in New Orleans and must admit I'm somewhat disappointed. The tritium vial is not perfectly perpendicular to the clip ...

Seriously, the only thing better than the thrill of OWNING one of these beauties is the thrill of USING it.

We have grown to appreciate your caring for all creatures great and small but beyond that you are truly a VERY gifted artisan.

I really want to buy another one to give to my son - the sporting-goods-store-manager. Can I get one reserved on "lay-a-way" for a couple of weeks until I have the money to pay for it just so I'll know one will still be there available when I want to buy it????

You'll have a hard time topping this one Don.

Best regards,

Bill Sickinger

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Crash,
I now recall your light. The H3 vial is just fine. I screwed up putting the clip in the wrong place is all. I think I did the same thing on Coach's light and perhaps he will be able to confirm this in our life time. :nana:

Send me an E-mail about a second light. I don't do lay aways or hold lights for folks because I would just goof up in all likelihood. However I think I have an alternate solution that will work for you.

I am glad that some of you guys are finding the light as useful as I do. There were a number of set backs and delays in getting these lights built and at times, I wondered if I had over shot the potential interest and market for them. That they were labor intensive and time consuming, especially in the quantity I had commited to, was also troubling at times.

Every night I use mine and in doing so, my confidence in the viability of the light would be reinforced. That said though, there is nothing more reassuring than the encouragement from comments and words of others and for that, I owe so many of you my gratitude. Thanks! :bow:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don to us: :bow:

Us to Don: :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

I could fill 20 rows with little bowing dudes and it still wouldn't suffice, but I'll leave that to PSM. :nana:

Kiessling

Flashaholic

It started with the light on the far right ... the original McLux ... CPF's historic first run of a totally custom light.

McLuxhistory.jpg

And now, a few years later we're here:

MCLS2003.jpg

What an impressive progress and what a great journey we had with the Master until today ...

:kiss:
:p

bernie