Latest-greatest 16340? Nitecore 16340 RCR123A?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I get the lumens, the drain in Ampers versus 700 or 900mAh capacity, it's one thing to read about it but another to have the light suddenly cut out on me in the middle of something. That's why I EDC a real light like M61T.

I now use the medium mode exclusively and get decent runtime. Especially out of primary 123. I found a perfect emergency light that works best on primaries, which I have a boatload of.

The right tool for the job and all that noise.

My lipstick lights are a "real light," but I understand their limitations, which seemingly here, many do not.

Chris

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Has the Nitecore 16340 RCR123A 3.7V been superceded? Keepower maybe?
These two seem to sell very well.

I don't care for IMR or high drain. It's for Quark Mini ML.

I have been out of the 16340 game for years.

I had really really good luck with the Fenix 700 mAh though it can't support the Mk2 higher draw however you don't have that one.

mightysparrow

Enlightened
I have been surprised to see that my Xtar 16340's are retaining their charge in storage better than my AW 16340's. Could just be the individual cells I have, and I have no complaints with the performance of the AW cells in my lights.

When I carry a light with a single 16340 cell in it, I also carry one or two non-rechargeable "primary" CR123 cells as spares. That gives me more backup run time, if needed, than just carrying a spare 16340.