LD75Cvn - Fenix Best Compact Searchlight

Wurkkos

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: LD75Cvn - Color TK75vn

Got the LD75Cvn the other day. It's exactly what I expected it to be, and I think might be my new fenix favorite.

One downside I didn't consider, the red/blue police strobe means you don't want to have it in your car (or at least I wouldn't) for risk of some overzealous cops trying to pin a charge of impersonation on you.

Vinh, any chance of replacing that LED altogether with another xml2, and driving it hard?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast

One downside I didn't consider, the red/blue police strobe means you don't want to have it in your car (or at least I wouldn't) for risk of some overzealous cops trying to pin a charge of impersonation on you.

I wouldn't worry about the cop strobe feature. First, you'd have to be doing something wrong to get stopped. Secondly, if you weren't using the strobe, I'd doubt that most police would have a clue that there was red/blue strobe on the light.

Just don't drive down the road at a high rate of speed trying to pull cars over and you'll be fine.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wouldn't worry about the cop strobe feature. First, you'd have to be doing something wrong to get stopped. Secondly, if you weren't using the strobe, I'd doubt that most police would have a clue that there was red/blue strobe on the light.

Just don't drive down the road at a high rate of speed trying to pull cars over and you'll be fine.

While in general I agree with you, I take no chances, and have zero trust in or faith where cops, and our criminal justice system are concerned. No reason to give them anything they can pin on you.

Flame74

Newly Enlightened

Got the LD75Cvn the other day. It's exactly what I expected it to be, and I think might be my new fenix favorite.

Vinh, any chance of replacing that LED altogether with another xml2, and driving it hard?

So now you've got a TK75vnKT and LD75Cvn, you are in a better position to compare both !!

I am planning to get 1, but cant decide and really confused, so whats your say on both the lights ?

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

Actually I traded my last TK75vn KT Fiat Lux for an RC40vn. I'm now down to just two stock TK75's :p

Both lights definitely have their benefits, and for myself, for my uses the LD75Cvn is definitely a better fit. It's smaller, has higher output, and more than adequate throw for my purposes. There are two things I dislike about it, which are that you can't replace batteries by feel, and that the light does not turn on, and off instantly. (Except for strobe and turbo.) .5-1 second wait is not a deal breaker by any means, but those are the two things I'm not a huge fan of with this light.

That said, the TK75 is just a more thought out light, and is of a slightly higher quality. I think most people would be more impressed by the throw of the TK75vn KT, but would end up actually preferring and using the LD75Cvn given the choice.

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have Infinitus Equitas' TK75vnKT!! He has my RC40vn... We traded hehe! I also own a LD75Cvn.
Right now LD75Cvn is my fave, compact, great design, love to hold it around and light up the neighborhood. It's a fun light too with the colored LEDs

MikeVA76

Newly Enlightened

You guys are killing me. Already excited for my ld75vn on order. Reading how everybody loves it, can't wait!

Mike

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPFBA

I love this light too! LOL I don't use my TK75vn anymore after i got this. Throw less but I love the size and the red LED :)

Flame74

Newly Enlightened

Yahooo

Today i got my TK75VN ... its an amazing light ... tried both side by side the stock TK75 and 75VN ... huge difference and i loved it ...
BTW on turbo mode the VN heats up in just 20 30 seconds ... so is this normal ?

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPFBA

Yahooo

Today i got my TK75VN ... its an amazing light ... tried both side by side the stock TK75 and 75VN ... huge difference and i loved it ...
BTW on turbo mode the VN heats up in just 20 30 seconds ... so is this normal ?

Yes better thermal transfer and more current = faster heat observation

vinhnguyen54

Flashaholic
CPFBA

LD75Cvn + XML2 U4: 5400/5250, 90K/87.5K

LD75Cvn + XML2 PDT: 4830/4700, 160K/156K

Very impressive numbers

Last edited:

Latest posts