Has anyone done a Led stinger?

D

Dorkwheeler

Newly Enlightened
Nobody has done this?

depusm12

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a TerrraLux drop in Stinger led. Nice tight beam but my Jet-Beam Jet MKI is brighter. IMHO I wouldn't waste the money on the TerraLux module.

D

Dorkwheeler

Newly Enlightened
The terralux is only for the stinger hp right? I have a regular polystinger.

B

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why in the world would anyone do that? That's about as silly as putting a LED into a SL-20 or a Mag Charger; it fully defeats the intended purpose of the light as a far reaching high intensity light. Much as I prefer LED lights for many purposes, I would only use it if it were to increase the level and quality of light, such as the Mag LED Upgrades and Mini Mag LEDs. But putting a LED in any of the Stinger series would just reduce the output.

Dorkwheeler said:
Has anyone done a Led stinger?

D

Dorkwheeler

Newly Enlightened
I want to increase the runtime of the light and dont care if it isnt as bright as it was.

C

crewcabrob

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I'm sure this will make me unpopular, but I bought one of the drop in mods for my HP stinger.

Here are my observations so far:

The light runs for ever on the new LED. Part of it is the 3600mah battery from super-batteries and part of it is from the LED. After 11 hours I got tired of waiting for it to drop and shut if off. I think that is more than enough run time for me.

The light is very white, I know I should expect that. But not having to worry about the output and burning out is a big plus!

I think it has very good throw, maybe not as great at the ican, but more distance than I need most of the time.

I can try to capture some beam shots if you really think that it is not as nice with the mod, but I need to wait until it is warmer out and not snowing.

I'd be happy to answer questions if you have them.

By the way, I also bought one of the new LEDs for my 5c mag light. I leave that one in my truck all the time and it hardly ever gets used. But it made a huge differnce in the light quality and output.

Thanks,

Rob