Legend 3AA

dave

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone placed an LS in the Legend 3AA or does anyone know if it will fit?

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
make one and give it to me please
grin.gif
rolleyes.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daniel Ramsey:
Sure it fits, it even would work if it wasnt for the puke green color, I gave one away to member SU27 several weeks ago.I have 3 cases of 3AAA Brinkmanns that were supposed to use Luxeons, I have the luxeons, but thay are garbage!
mad.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do know if you are able to do a decent luxeon mod, you'll be able to sell them as fast as you can make them. Currently you have little/no competition as far as manufacturers bringing the product to market. I certainly would be very interested in a luxeon mod that has some sort of a real switch but appreciate your integrity and not offering a subpar product if the current batch of luxeons are really that bad.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a set of 3 Brinkmann 2AAs in the pewter color which each has a Luxeon installed in it. Each one has a different variety of white Luxeon in it; one is pink/violet, one is blue/wht and the other is the infamous pea green Luxeon. They use the regular flashlight reflector to focus a nice beam.

I use them to demonstrait the 'colors' of white Luxeons.

Powered by 3N cells and spacer, or 2N cells and 1AAA cell, they are very bright for their size.

The Brinkmann lights make great mods; strong, well built, nice looking flashlights with reliable tail cap switches.

The only 3AA Brinkman I had, I have to admit to frying. I was screwing around whith a Luxeon test mounted in it and shorted the leads to the heat sink I made. It fried the tail cap switch before I new what was happening. Melted all the insides right down; good batteries.

So, if anybody's got an extra tail cap switch.........

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes,

I've made some before too with the optics; also in Sears AA and MiniMag. The optics make for a smoother wider beam, but the reflector throws a beam farther, and is cheaper without the optics. Both have their pluses and minus.

Yes the pea green Luxeon are a bummer. I've tried mine in every reflector and lens I could find. Hoping that something would magically correct the color; no such luck. I've even gone so far as to try a small blue filter, but it reduced the brightness so much you might as well be using a 5mm LED instead of a Luxeon.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to agree with you about Future; they don't respond to inquires and really don't want to answer any questions.

That's why now if I order Luxeons, I buy from Mark Hanna. Great guy, will actually talk to you, or answer an email, is knowledgable about what he's selling, and gives fast service. Sure, he's not the big Future Active with the fancy one click and order web site, but he has something they don't - customer service.

After getting burned with a sizeable order of the puke green Luxeons from Future like you, I ordered from Mark and got some of the early slight pink/violet Luxeons. Way better than the greenies.

I noticed he just got some emitters in stock, so I ordered one to check out 'what kind'. I'll let you know if they are not the greenies.

Mark Hanna Surplus

InTheDark

Enlightened
Daniel and Lambda,
I'm starting on my own Brinkman mod using the zetex circuit that Duggg posted. I haven't bought the flashlight yet, but I was wondering if there was enough room in the head of the flashlight to fit all the components in. I was originally trying to fit it all in the mini-mag by removing the switch in the head, and getting a tailcap switch, but then I realized it would just be easier to buy a flashlight with a tailcap switch. Anyway, when I remove the Mini-mag switch, i have about .25 inch extra room in the head for all the components, is the brinkmann the same way? Lambda, you said using the reflector throws the beam farther, is it noticably farther? Does using the reflector focus the beam to the same size spot as a regular minimag? And which reflector were you using, the sears AA or Mini-mag? thanks

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daniel Ramsey:
I appreciate that lambda, send me an e-mail of what he wants for those with and without optics, I may buy 100 of the optics( the collimator alone) they are much cheaper ($1.85) I think each.There is alot of demand for a Luxeon flashlight but I sell almost 25 of my AAA legend LED mods a week, Snapon will sell them for me locally off his tool truck.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Daniel,

FYI, I recently purchased 2 Luxeons with optics from ARC, and the color is fine. They have better optics, and are better than the originals. I don't think the 'green ones' are being put in the Luxeons w/o. The cost is $12.50, which makes buying the bare emitter for $11.50 unreasonable.

To me the green is not that bad. If you are expecting the nice bluish color, yes, than it is disapointing. However, I am using the green ones in some applications, and they produce usable light. Disliking the color is a matter of preference.
tongue.gif
grin.gif

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by InTheDark:
Daniel and Lambda,
I'm starting on my own Brinkman mod using the zetex circuit that Duggg posted. I haven't bought the flashlight yet, but I was wondering if there was enough room in the head of the flashlight to fit all the components in. I was originally trying to fit it all in the mini-mag by removing the switch in the head, and getting a tailcap switch, but then I realized it would just be easier to buy a flashlight with a tailcap switch. Anyway, when I remove the Mini-mag switch, i have about .25 inch extra room in the head for all the components, is the brinkmann the same way? Lambda, you said using the reflector throws the beam farther, is it noticably farther? Does using the reflector focus the beam to the same size spot as a regular minimag? And which reflector were you using, the sears AA or Mini-mag? thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think there's less room, as the 'bulb socket' assy is about 3/16" thick, if removed. However, there may be room in the head assy if you go with the Luxeon optics instead of using the reflector.

As far as reflectors used, I use the Brinkman reflector in the Brinkman mod; just needs to be cut down and the hole enlarged properly.