Legit M951?

scotsmanspride

Newly Enlightened
So i am very new to his forum. Been a longtime member over on bladeforums but figured i would go to the experts when i have a flashlight question....
Recently wanting a dedicated light to finish off my AR build and started finding m951 lights that look legit on Ebay. Just wondering what the consensus is on these. A surefire rep said nothing "jumps out" as fake but they can tell until its in their hands. I am just VERY cautious about 1: buying a copy and 2: build quality. and 3: just wanna buy USA made whenever possible. THanks for helping out a flashaholic in training!:thumbsup:

MBentz

Enlightened
You don't have to worry about buying fakes if you stick to authorized dealers. :thumbsup:

Hopefully someone here can tell just by looking at your pictures. If not, I would post the question on ARFCOM.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Looks pretty legit to me. The sticker on the XM07 TC is what comes on alot of factory Surefire lights. Last year when I was selling the heck out the M952V lights that stick was on about half of the ones sealed in the bag. Some things to look for on genuine SF lights like yours is the newer ST07 switches will have a heavy moulded plug, like yours does, and the rubber face of the PS will have the word Surefire moulded into it. I've noticed fake SF weapon lights all have the same serial number and the P60 is a obvious dead give a way. The FM33 will have surefire on it too.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no way that is a fake. Just looking at the pictures that is a newer production Surefire. They are not even faking M952's or M951's EVER at all that I've seen, but not saying they haven't. The Scoutlights and XM07's are the major lights being faked. I've learned how they've faked real Surefire SW02's the painful way.

Last edited:

scotsmanspride

Newly Enlightened
My switch also does not have a logo and it's legit.

Cool. Im just super happy i didn't get burned. Nothing worse than paying more for something that is a chinese knockoff when i try to buy american made as much as humanly possible. Hopefully if anyone else looks at the pics they can say wether the internals look legit. I fired off a couple pics to surefire but never heard back.