Lemax LX50/70 HID Light from Cz Republic

bulbmogul

bulbmogul

Enlightened
I am looking over my options on other HID Lights and it looks like this Lemax 50/70 HID from Cz Republic may fit the bill. Does anyone here on candlepower forums own one of these and if so, what is your take on it? Is this exactly like the one that is offered here in the USA under a different name or are they different lights all together.

B

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't even know there was a difference, isn't Lemax and Xevision the same thing? Anyway I think that guy BVH reviewed one and pretty much gave it an A+ across the board.

Last edited:
T

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
somewhere in one of these threads the differences between the lemax and xevision models is broken down. look through the original thread about the LX50/70 started a couple years ago and look for posts made by xeray. I don't remember the differences but I do recall think the xevision upgrades made it the better choice.

bulbmogul

bulbmogul

Enlightened
somewhere in one of these threads the differences between the lemax and xevision models is broken down. look through the original thread about the LX50/70 started a couple years ago and look for posts made by xeray. I don't remember the differences but I do recall think the xevision upgrades made it the better choice.
I think i most likely will just keep it in the family when i snag the next one here sometime in the not to distant future..

XeRay

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
somewhere in one of these threads the differences between the lemax and xevision models is broken down. look through the original thread about the LX50/70 started a couple years ago and look for posts made by xeray. I don't remember the differences but I do recall & think the xevision upgrades made it the better choice.

We (XeVision) make all of the ballasts (light engines) for the LX50 and 70 and 70 Superpower as well as Lemax weapon light models, those assembled by XeVision (XeRay) and by Lemax.
Also, we provided the USA made electroformed reflector choice and manufacturer on all of the LX50's, LX70's, Superpowers and weapon lights worldwide. Initially, Lemax was not using any electroformed reflectors on any of their products, we provided the performance justifications (proofs) to make the beneficial change to all the products. The reflectors are now also USA made.
Lemax uses a 35 watt rated D1S bulb on all of their Czech assembled units LX50, LX70, the Superpower and weapon lights. Bulb replacement in that case, is mostly not recommended to be done by the user and requires some std tools, additionally one being a metric hex wrench. Also, the Lemax D1S bulb may need to be re-shimmed to adjust for very small variations in the igniter dimensions, to maintain precise bulb positioning (focus), as done during initial assembly.
XeVision uses a much more expensive, higher wattage rated bulb than Lemax on the 50/70 watt XV-LX70 XeRay, also not the same bulb as we use in the 35/50 watt XV-LX50 XeRay. In both cases, our bulb replacement is very easy, only taking a couple of minutes (2 or less), because we use our Proprietary XeSparQ igniter/socket which the bulb plugs into (a 2 part assby including the bulb, fully replacing D1S), making bulb replacement fast and easy and a relatively low skill operation, easily done quickly in the field and doable in emergency or tactical situations, requiring no tools of any kind. The bulb focus is not affected in any way, when only the bulb is being changed and the igniter is not being replaced, as with the D1S mentioned above.
Using a cost saving 1 piece D1S bulb/igniter as Lemax does on their assemblies, makes bulb replacement a much slower (not recommended in the field) and much more difficult proposition. This XeSparQ/bulb option has also on occasion been offered by Lemax when required in a government bid or by one of their users, but not standard in their retail units.
The purchase cost (wholesale) and retail pricing of our igniter/bulb combination is more than 4X more expensive than the D1S bulb alternative. The benefits of a 50+ watts rated bulb, are much longer life and very much better lumens maintenance over the bulb life. Note: We also use a special higher durability more robust bulb, for the 35/50 watt XV-LX50 XeRay as well.
For premium grade products, it was always our feeling that premium bulb selections were also the proper choice in ALL cases.
Note: specialized HID ballast manufacturing (30 to 80 watts) is our primary heritage as a company, Military, Aviation, Marine, Scuba, Agriculture, Mining, High speed camera lighting, etc. www.xevision.com

Last edited:
B

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like you should go with Xevision's XV-LX70. That would work out perfect since Lemax offers the Superpower but not Xevision. Best of both worlds!

bulbmogul

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Sounds like you should go with Xevision's XV-LX70. That would work out perfect since Lemax offers the Superpower but not Xevision. Best of both worlds!

To bad you cant just buy it online but they require you have to call in to place a order...

XeRay

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
To bad you cant just buy it online but they require you have to call in to place a order...

Why is that a problem ?? We like to have contact with our customers. We could even do the upgrade on your Superpower.
You would have the only Superpower in the world currently (likely ever) with the upgraded bulb and igniter. You could keep the stock bulb/igniter as spares.

Dan - XeVision

bulbmogul

bulbmogul

Enlightened
I just might have to try one of those also ..Never can have to many flame throwers setting on the table ..