Lemax LX70 Searchlight

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
Re: http://www.worldpartners.co.th/LM70Super.html

We (XeVision) make all of the ballasts (light engines) for the LX50 and 70 and 70 Superpower as well as Lemax weapon light models, those assembled by XeVision (XeRay) and by Lemax.
Also, we provided the USA made electroformed reflector choice and manufacturer on all of the LX50's, LX70's, Superpowers and weapon lights worldwide.

Lemax uses a 35 watt rated D1S bulb on all of their Czech assembled units LX50, LX70, the Superpower and weapon lights. Bulb replacement in that case, is mostly not recommended to be done by the user and requires some std tools, additionally one being a metric hex wrench. Also, the Lemax D1S bulb may need to be re-shimmed to adjust for very small variations in the igniter dimensions, to maintain precise bulb positioning (focus), as done during initial assembly.
XeVision uses a much more expensive, higher wattage rated bulb than Lemax on the 50/70 watt XV-LX70 XeRay, also not the same bulb as we use in the 35/50 watt XV-LX50 XeRay. In both cases, our bulb replacement is very easy, only taking a couple of minutes (2 or less), because we use our Proprietary XeSparQ igniter/socket which the bulb plugs into (a 2 part assby including the bulb, fully replacing D1S), making bulb replacement fast and easy and a relatively low skill operation, easily done quickly in the field and doable in emergency or tactical situations, requiring no tools of any kind. The bulb focus is not affected in any way, when only the bulb is being changed and the igniter is not being replaced, as with the D1S mentioned above.

The benefits of a 50+ watts rated bulb, are much longer life and very much better lumens maintenance over the bulb life.

For premium grade products, it was always our feeling that premium bulb selections were also the proper choice in ALL cases.

We could even do the upgrade on your Superpower.
You would have the only Superpower in the world currently (likely ever) with the upgraded bulb and igniter. You could keep the stock bulb/igniter as spares.

Dan - XeVision

Dan, if I buy a Superpower how much would you charge for this upgrade? And if I got your upgrade in it would it be 100% on par with the XeVision XV-LX70's durability and quality, and would it then have all the advantages that XeVision has over Lemax? And is there an option to get the soft diffuser, and the yellow fog filter for the Superpower like you can get with the XeVision XV-LX70? Thanks Dan

hahoo

Enlightened
Thank you for your reply,

1 So, an average landing light, does have 450 kcD, as i read it good?

So, the Lemax LX70, has more kcD..........and my Nitecore TM36, with 300 plus kcD???

from surefire wbsite.....

4,500-lumen, 730,000 candela beam with a maximum range in excess of 1,600 meters,

And what will be the kcD, of your Niterider most powerful bicycle light........your TM36 of Nitecore...and your Hellfighter 5...HID spotlight, in comparison, to the landing lights?

What you guess? I read, that the hell fighter, has about 800 kcD, on surefire website?????

Next questions about headlights, i will do, via PM.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: http://www.worldpartners.co.th/LM70Super.html

Dan, if I buy a Superpower how much would you charge for this upgrade? And if I got your upgrade in it would it be 100% on par with the XeVision XV-LX70's durability and quality, and would it then have all the advantages that XeVision has over Lemax? And is there an option to get the soft diffuser, and the yellow fog filter for the Superpower like you can get with the XeVision XV-LX70? Thanks Dan

(the post you copied is from June 2016) Currently, Lemax only uses our ballasts for their military grade units, to meet military specs. That is, all their weapon lights and some handheld units that must meet existing bid specifications, currently still use our ballasts. Lemax decided (2016) to lower costs by using a much less expensive ballast for their non military sales (consumer units) to the general public.

Are you looking to make the ballast change as well ?? Yes, if we change out the bulb, Igniter and Ballast, you would have all the changes bringing it up to military grade. I don't believe any of the optional lenses are available for the Superpower sized head.

Our version also uses our proprietary 2nd generation, time tested (4 years in serial production), military and aviation grade, CNC machined very tight tolerances cylinder ballast. This 2nd generation ballast provides optimal efficiency, thermal performance and interface tolerances for optimized ballast heat dissipation, ballast reliability and long life.

Last edited:

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
Ok. To get bulb, igniter, and ballast all changed out how much would that upgrade cost?

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. To get bulb, igniter, and ballast all changed out how much would that upgrade cost?

Should I assume, you would want the original ballast, bulb (Osram D1S with igniter built in), returned to you as spares ? We can't give you much for those (trade-in) so that would be our suggestion. Keep them as emergency spares.

Last edited:

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
No they would never do me any good, I would not have the skills to ever replace them so I would just take trade-in. Now your ballast, bulb, and igniter is a different story, you say it takes anyone with no special skills 2 minutes to replace. So even though trade in would not be a lot what would that upgrade cost?

Just to let everyone know, I got an email today from Lemax

Petr králík - LEMAX <[email protected]> He says the following;

If you are you interested in SUPERPOWER... we have special offer until end of this week - 25% discount.
LX70 SUPERPOWER is 2448 EUR, after discount -25% - 1836 EUR
Shipping costs to USA - 98 EUR.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
No they would never do me any good, I would not have the skills to ever replace them so I would just take trade-in. Now your ballast, bulb, and igniter is a different story, you say it takes anyone with no special skills 2 minutes to replace. So even though trade in would not be a lot what would that upgrade cost?

No special skills and no tools to change (ours) the bulb only.

$395.00 to do the ballast, Igniter, bulb upgrades since you are first, if others will want to do the same it will be $550.00

Last edited:

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
No special skills and no tools to change (ours) the bulb only. $395.00 to do the upgrade since you are first, if others will want to do the same it will be $550.00

Ok that's great! Don't think I've ever been first for anything lol. Am I correct that you are at this address;

XeVision
4245 Airport Rd.
Ogden, UT 84405, USA

hahoo

Enlightened
No special skills and no tools to change (ours) the bulb only. $395.00 to do the upgrade since you are first, if others will want to do the same it will be $550.00

whatchu talkin bout willis :drool::drool: lol wow, thats quite a bulb swap there:thinking:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
whatchu talkin bout willis :drool::drool: lol wow, thats quite a bulb swap there:thinking:

Ballast, bulb and igniter/socket is what will be changed.
The stock Lemax D1S bulb change is not recommended for MOST users and should be sent in for a tech to change the bulb.

LED1982

Newly Enlightened

It would be taking me into military grade quality. As far as Dan has explained it in previous posts it's pretty much no difference in the brand new phase (just like all new cars run great) but comes into play for a longevity factor. That and the advantages of a 2 part set up over a 1 part set up.

hahoo

Enlightened
It would be taking me into military grade quality. As far as Dan has explained it in previous posts it's pretty much no difference in the brand new phase (just like all new cars run great) but comes into play for a longevity factor. That and the advantages of a 2 part set up over a 1 part set up.

so drive it " till the wheels fall off" , then go in for the upgrade?

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
so drive it " till the wheels fall off" , then go in for the upgrade?

That is one option lol. But the convenience of simply having it done, and simply having a spare bulb in my closet that takes 2 minutes and no skill to replace appeals to me.

For the record, I've been reading threads in here for years and I know how people go nuts over beamshots and videos, I would not be opposed to having Lemax ship to XeVision, then XeVision ship to a reviewer like Patriot36 to do an official 'Lemax LX70 Superpower upgraded by XeVision' video review, and then shipped to me. That's if Patriot wanted to of course.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is one option lol. But the convenience of simply having it done, and simply having a spare bulb in my closet that takes 2 minutes and no skill to replace appeals to me.

For the record, I've been reading threads in here for years and I know how people go nuts over beamshots and videos, I would not be opposed to having Lemax ship to XeVision, then XeVision ship to a reviewer like Patriot36 to do an official 'Lemax LX70 Superpower upgraded by XeVision' video review, and then shipped to me. That's if Patriot wanted to of course.

I would think either Patriot or BVH would likely be interested to do that. We would have to send out an XV-LX70 again for him to compare against.

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
I would think either Patriot or BVH would likely be interested to do that. We would have to send out an XV-LX70 again for him to compare against.

Yeah pretty much just one of those guys because they are highly trustworthy in here, not interested in sending to anyone else to do it. So I'll just see if either one of them checks in and shows any interest.

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
I lost my range to 66 new homes.

Ouch that really sucks! I actually was doing some real estate searching and when I see a place with an awesome view that thought pops into my head, oh no will new homes come along and ruin this view? Thanks anyway for even replying, just an idea I had, I don't have recording devices myself, cell phone doesn't even count.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
kudos to LED1982 being willing to send his light to someone who can put it through its paces. i hope someone bites. we NEED to have a good old fashioned shoot out.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent Paul a PM but he hasn't been on since Nov 2015. I lost my range to 66 new homes. Haven't gone out to look for a replacement.

I could contact Patriot, but since he has not logged on for more than a year, I doubt he would be interested in this.
Would you be interested to find a new location ?? From some of your recent posts, it seems likely you want to test some of your other projects soon as well.

Latest posts