Lens & O-rings for the MDX?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Re: Lens & O-rings for the MDX?

Think that top photo is of a MDC kit.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can show you a picture of all my spare lens kits for MDX head and there are no gaskets. I know there was a time where you might get one or the other, but i think Gene has been using the o-rings; probably easier and cheaper to get a hold of. I believe the same goes for the VME, but not sure. I have mostly gaskets for VME but I see on the site there are different sets. Also i haven't bought any lights since almost mid 2018; so who knows anymore, but My guess would be that you will get an o-ring and lens. either way both options work fine and will service either 16.5 or 22.3

Someone order a set and let us know what you get

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol, now I am even more confused.

All of my VME kits came with the lens, a flat gasket, and an O-ring. They are installed by Gene as follows...

Dropin - o-ring - lens - gasket - head

I have no experience with the large body stuff. The pic on Gene's sight shows a 2 piece kit for the 16.5(lens & gasket), a 2 piece for the MDC(lens & O-ring), and there is no 22.3 kit. But, the complete MDX 16.5 head appears to have a 3 piece kit(lens, O-ring, & gasket)?

Lol, I think we may have to wait for word from the man himself. Hopefully he will email me back tomorrow and we can get this cleared up.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol, now I am even more confused.

All of my VME kits came with the lens, a flat gasket, and an O-ring. They are installed by Gene as follows...

Dropin - o-ring - lens - gasket - head

I have no experience with the large body stuff. The pic on Gene's sight shows a 2 piece kit for the 16.5(lens & gasket), a 2 piece for the MDC(lens & O-ring), and there is no 22.3 kit. But, the complete MDX 16.5 head appears to have a 3 piece kit(lens, O-ring, & gasket)?

Lol, I think we may have to wait for word from the man himself. Hopefully he will email me back tomorrow and we can get this cleared up.

All of my most recent lights and heads have come with only o-ring and lens for MDX

on the brighter side of things, it has given us something to talk about

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where's tac with genes email

I'm confused as well

I put my most recent vme kit as follows

Head-flat gasket-lens-oring-dropin

Gaskets came with the vme not a separate purchase, idk about the mdx.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Number 4 has been replaced with a O-ring
B812-D389-39-C3-4968-90-BF-305-F330-F1-D48.jpg

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
haha...we are in the land of confusion...where are the guys that like to post the little video clips
Lol, yes I'm pretty sure Phil Collins could get lost in this thread.

I will post as soon as I hear from Gene(might take a bit as it is the weekend).

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Stay tuned next week folks for "what way do these batteries go in? "😂😂😂😂

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry guys, the site wasn't working for me earlier.

So, the word is in from Gene. The lens is the same but the gasket is different. You have to ask Cathy for a 22.3 gasket when you order the 16.5 Lens & Head Gasket kit. I have a kit coming and will post when it arrives.

Last edited:

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

okay, order the regular set off the site and you're good to go:crackup:

Thanks for getting back to us...now i'm curious what you will receive. All mine(lens kits) even when I only bought heads came with o-ring and lens. I guess according to the response you got...sadly going off this info I have to say that Thermal was right about the gasket

:popcorn:

Last edited: