LEP Lights Made Outside of China

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LED's we currently use are 5700K so we would want to be about as close to that as possible for a blended unit of LED and LEP.
Our current LED 4.5 inches diameter offers almost 11,000 Lumens and 320,000 Candela with active cooling for sustained intensity.
7 of Cree ~13 watt LED's, this current unit can be seen on our XeVision website. We refuse to go higher than 5700K on our LED units.
We would likely remove some LED's and replace with some LEP's.

bridgman

Enlightened
You come across as the kind of diner to order a strawberry tart with not so much rat in it.
Nah... I just hate following threads where there are multiple intertwined discussions going on because the original question could be interpreted in multiple ways.

But I did like your post, even if I snorted coffee on my desk when I read it :)

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really would prefer something with a better color temperature, about 3500K that cuts through fog and has a decent CRI. I like useful tools, not so much about the show off toys.
It seems to me that the important "heart" of the module, the heatsinked phosphor blend, is hard to find.

However, high-CRI blends are common on LEDs we have today. We'd be limited to reflection-based LEP, but perhaps a DIY using an LED purely as a heatsinked target could be a possibility. However, just like within the LED, the overdriving of the phosphor could have unintended consequences even if it is adequately heatsinked.

The LED must be heatsinked while keeping electrically isolated from the heatsink. If used as an LEP target, no such need. Remember back in the day, when people were filing Cree XR bases super thin to minimize the ceramic in the thermal path?

All goes out the window if someone can find some premade sapphire windows with good high cri phosphor

TimMc

Newly Enlightened
I visited 5 flashlight companies last week and got to play with 8 LEP flashlights. Some were prototypes and some were sold exclusively to law enforcement. I think they were all made in China. ☺️