Let's list our advice for someone's next Mac's EDC purchase...

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the neutral version very lower in output than the cool white version?

If you could pick it by eye then you'd have some sort of lumen-measuring superpower.

It's not only about brightness, but about how much you can actually see.

Even with the hit you take going High CRI, you can see more. It at least I can, at any rate.

kadinh

Newly Enlightened
I don't think I've found a place that states what cells the Tri-EDC accepts...any help?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this is probably not the place to ask but I hope you guys don't mind a quick question since we are talking about cell types in the Tri EDC. Is there any significance in capacity between 18350 and 16340 IMR? I currently have a dozen IMR 16340 but should I buy IMR 18350 if I were to get a Tri EDC?

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this is probably not the place to ask but I hope you guys don't mind a quick question since we are talking about cell types in the Tri EDC. Is there any significance in capacity between 18350 and 16340 IMR? I currently have a dozen IMR 16340 but should I buy IMR 18350 if I were to get a Tri EDC?

Yes there is a big Jump in capacity using the 18350 cell almost 50%

Mac

fishhead

Newly Enlightened
I've got a very basic question - how do I currently order a light? I've bought previously from the sale threads, and then
later the website but the website seems to be down?

Anyway, this is not too urgent as my next purchase will be a Damascus light :) (if it happens). But after that I'd really
like a copper and a stonewashed titanium Tri-EDC.

Also, about tint: I really like the neutral SST-50s and Tri-EDC I have. I'm interested in the HiCRI but found
the 4sevens HiCRI lights a bit too warm. Can anyone comment on how Mac's lights compare?

Thanks.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes there is a big Jump in capacity using the 18350 cell almost 50%

Mac
Thanks Mac! I will make sure I get a few IMR 18350 if the Damascus deal is on.

I've got a very basic question - how do I currently order a light? I've bought previously from the sale threads, and then
later the website but the website seems to be down?

Anyway, this is not too urgent as my next purchase will be a Damascus light :) (if it happens). But after that I'd really
like a copper and a stonewashed titanium Tri-EDC.

Also, about tint: I really like the neutral SST-50s and Tri-EDC I have. I'm interested in the HiCRI but found
the 4sevens HiCRI lights a bit too warm. Can anyone comment on how Mac's lights compare?

Thanks.
I am almost certain the Damascus deal will happen. It's a matter of when. Mac can correct me here if I am off track, but I think that Mac should be able to fix us up with Nichia 219 high CRI? It should be a nice neutral tint that is almost near daylight. I am definitely in for the Nichia 219 if that's the case.

kadinh

Newly Enlightened
Another thing I thought of:

Will the AW IMR 18350 cells charge correctly in the Cytac Multifunctional Charger model CY-015?

The back says only to charge Li-ion cells 10430 to 18650, but doesn't specifically say the 18350s...

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another thing I thought of:

Will the AW IMR 18350 cells charge correctly in the Cytac Multifunctional Charger model CY-015?

The back says only to charge Li-ion cells 10430 to 18650, but doesn't specifically say the 18350s...

They charge just like any other Li-Ion cell.

She'll be right.

tyrantrave

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the great advice guys. I am ready to order, but how does one do that? Mac's website is down and I've sent him PMs with no response. Is production on hold currently?

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the great advice guys. I am ready to order, but how does one do that? Mac's website is down and I've sent him PMs with no response. Is production on hold currently?

Sorry I'm trying to ship a bunch of lights right now that where delayed to my supplier sending me the wrong lenses TWICE!! I will get caught up with PM's soon.

Sorry Mac

MarstheRover

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone!

I'm new here and this thread has been helpful in getting acquainted with Mac's work. I was wondering if there was any way to get a breakdown of Mac's current offerings? I don't know a ton about flashlights, but I know I want to order one of Mac's, just not sure where to start.

Thanks!

tyrantrave

Newly Enlightened
Can I ask the differences between a high CRI XPG vs the Nichia 219? Which is warmer? Brighter? I'm trying to decide which to get if they are both options.

Flucero28

Enlightened
pjandyho said:
Is the programming by Frank done on the stock circuit board provided by Mac? Or would he be using another board of his own?

Sorry im late to the party here! If the light is a newer model I program the existing driver. If the light is an older version that uses a Lux-rc style board, It will need a makeover with a new driver that I will program.

Also, thank you all for the kind words, Im glad to help you like your mac lights even more!

Frank

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry im late to the party here! If the light is a newer model I program the existing driver. If the light is an older version that uses a Lux-rc style board, It will need a makeover with a new driver that I will program.

Also, thank you all for the kind words, Im glad to help you like your mac lights even more!

Frank
Thank you Frank! Have a nice day ahead!

kadinh

Newly Enlightened
Is there a way to tell of the battery is low so you won't over discharge the cell?