Let's list our advice for someone's next Mac's EDC purchase...

gunga

Flashaholic
Quick question. When ordering from Mac, does it cost a lot more for custom levels, emitters (like nichia 219), and crenellations? Or do you just pay Frank but get it delivered back and forth from Mac? Feel free to pm me the info.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac doesn't do programming, only Frank does. The other options from Mac do cost more.

I remember some people who ordered lights from Mac had them sent directly to Frank to program

jalal20

Enlightened
does anyone know what kind of emitters mac can put into the tri edc?

Cool and neutral XPGs, i think he is still offering XPEs and recently he started using the nichia 219 which I personally have on 2 recently aqquired TRI edcs and it doesnt get any better with over 500 Lumens of Hi CRI

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

gunga

Flashaholic
So is there an extra charge to get nichia 219s from Mac? I just purchased one from CPF but wonder if it's more cost effective to get a nichia 219 one from Mac? Of course the wait could be very long. Does it cost extra for crenellations?

RedRonin

Newly Enlightened
I have been asking the same question: Do crenelations and glow options cost extra?

These options have no "links" in Mac's Website. I want to be clear about these before I place an order. Just for clarity.

I have read somewhere in this forum, though, that Mac does bead blasting for free. I guess same goes with stone washing.

Mac, can you clarify?

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been asking the same question: Do crenelations and glow options cost extra?

These options have no "links" in Mac's Website. I want to be clear about these before I place an order. Just for clarity.

I have read somewhere in this forum, though, that Mac does bead blasting for free. I guess same goes with stone washing.

Mac, can you clarify?

The website does not list the newer option and it will not until I redo the whole website. Crenulations, Glow and stonewashed finish are $20 each, But PM me, I usually discount them.

RedRonin

Newly Enlightened
The website does not list the newer option and it will not until I redo the whole website. Crenulations, Glow and stonewashed finish are $20 each, But PM me, I usually discount them.

I already did PM you. No reply yet. I am itching to get a reply so that I can place my order. Thanks, Mac. I also think PM has been down for quite some time already.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure if this is right, but the crenellated Bezels have a little more material and taper out slightly judging from pictures. I have a smooth one and I don't think there's enough material for crenulations

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I send a Mac light in to have crenellations added Mac?

I can add crenulations to a standard headed Tri-EDC but it will not look the same as the real crenulated bezel as it's machined differently.

Mac