Let's see those NovaTacs!

jcompton

Enlightened
And if you think the current production clip is bad, check out the fugly thing that came with this light.

It's a good thing they didn't ship with that clip... The complaints about the current clip are bad. I can only imagine what would have been said if that clip was in the box.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Took some time today to take a better pic of my NovaTac...

NovaTacEDC120psmall.jpg

whc

Enlightened
Just finished modding my 120P the other day, that said I am not 100% finished, still wanting a TT bezel, but for about $40 shipped there has been some other things I have spend the money on instead.

Polished the stock bezel, UCL Glass lens, GID O-ring:
DSC04514.JPG

DSC04517.JPG

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
took a couple of pics of mine
had a couple of hours to kill, so i fired up photoshop, and this is what i created
Novatacdesktopcopy.jpg

now all i gotta do is put a glow oring under the lens, change the lens to a Ucl, and either polish the bezel or get a tritium bezel for it

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
You know the only thing i don't like about the novatac is the flats on the side "guess I'm just used to hds" but from what I'm told they were just put there so they could put the name and model number on.Please Henry make it round!

ensile

Enlightened
Here's mine. Stainless bezel and GITD o-ring under the lens. I like the clip. It gives me a place to attach a lanyard. I also can reverse it and put it under the bezel and then clip it to my ball cap. Makes a perfect headlamp. The only thing I wish is that it was stainless like the bezel.

120pvh2.jpg

That's what i want my edc to be. Far out, what a beauty. Some of those bezels are really "off the chain" in terms of style. Stainless raw bez ftw.

(inova look into your heart, if you're going to take away the budget HDS, please don't make them sealed... 10 x cry emoticon. :()

96TL

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys. When you ordered the UCL lens from Flashlightlens.com, did you get a confirmation email? I placed my order Sunday night, and still haven't received one. I sent them an e-mail Tuesday, but didn't get a response yet. Maybe they're on vacation or something? The transaction went through okay. I checked my PayPal account. Thanks.

96TL

Newly Enlightened
BTW, I just got my E120P tofay. I really like the light so far, but I was expecting it to be a little brighter on high. My M1 is much brighter, and they're both rated at 120 lumens. I know the M1 is a throw light, but it still appears much brighter.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
heres another photo of my novatac
i got bored and was playing with off camera flash, lighting from multiple angles and blending the shots

this is taken with flash to the left of the camera, and another image layered into it to taken with the flash back behind the light
i was going for a Aluminum Overcast kind of look to them
novatacforcpf.jpg

96TL

Newly Enlightened
Here are some pics of my new EDC-120P. It's got a UCL lens, glow rings, Fenix trit bezel, and 3 green trits. I need some sort of lanyard or clip now.

EDC120P004Small.jpg

EDC120P006Small.jpg

robo21

Enlightened
Here are some pics of my new EDC-120P. It's got a UCL lens, glow rings, Fenix trit bezel, and 3 green trits. I need some sort of lanyard or clip now.

EDC120P004Small.jpg

EDC120P006Small.jpg

Very cool! I just got my 120P on Friday. I would want to keep all the lights out just to enjoy the GITD features! :clap:

Let me know what you end up with for a lanyard.

96TL

Newly Enlightened
The lanyard is the easy part (greenled). Attaching it is a different story. :(

robo21

Enlightened
heres another photo of my novatac
i got bored and was playing with off camera flash, lighting from multiple angles and blending the shots

this is taken with flash to the left of the camera, and another image layered into it to taken with the flash back behind the light
i was going for a Aluminum Overcast kind of look to them
novatacforcpf.jpg

Awesome image! Very creative. You have inspired me to play with my Canon MR-14EX Macro Flash AND Photoshop. :clap:

BTW, I just got my E120P tofay. I really like the light so far, but I was expecting it to be a little brighter on high. My M1 is much brighter, and they're both rated at 120 lumens. I know the M1 is a throw light, but it still appears much brighter.

I just got mine on Friday, I know what you mean. It may not be the brightest, single-cell light in the drawer but you won't find one more flexible. And I think it just might be worth giving up a few lumens for flexibility.

Being able to program the brightness of each of your levels and select minimum and maximum settings is beyond cool - it allows you to use this light in more situations than you could otherwise I believe. And I have yet to see a light with build quality that even approaches the 120P.