Lets see your Mini Mag mods

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
A drill bit will be needed to widen the opening in the body, don't ask me which size I didn't do it.
Also there is a rib on the 2D LED that stops at the body.
Make it tight and you will get better centering,heat sinking and contact to ground.

geek4christ

Enlightened
That's a really cool idea to put the 2D bulb in a minimag. It seems like dropping that into a stock head and removing the reflector altogether would make a cool flood light.

Trebormac

Newly Enlightened
Has anybody made a belt clip for the AA mini mag that would fit between the tail cap and the body so that the tail cap would hold the belt clip down like the "magring" except where that oval loop is it would come down like a belt clip. I want to use this on a cut down one cell mini mag. any ideas or suggestions???

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
@ nein166

So how bright is the 2D LED Dropin with the AW 14500?

rayman

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
@ nein166

So how bright is the 2D LED Dropin with the AW 14500?

rayman

Well its still LuxIII? (stock) I guess 65~75 lumens
The best part is the beam out of the Forky Bezel!

Next time I have a camera set up I'll try to remember to take a pic

Monkeyboab

Newly Enlightened
I made sandwiches and fitted them into mine for semi permanent mods with Q5's and Dx reflectors. Pretty darn bright running at 700ma, Cant get pics onot my pc justnow :(

Rob

Bradlee

Enlightened
I made sandwiches and fitted them into mine for semi permanent mods with Q5's and Dx reflectors. Pretty darn bright running at 700ma, Cant get pics onot my pc justnow :(

Rob

I'm interested to see how you did it when you are able to get pictures up. I've been wanting to do the same thing.

Monkeyboab

Newly Enlightened
minimagsandwiches002.jpg

Theres the sandwich up inside never took any while I was making them
minimagsandwiches005.jpg

Here's out the front ends will make some more soon but these will be made out of slighty different drivers still 700ma though.

Rob
spacer.gif

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Here's some of mine. The heatsinked sandwhiches are pushing close to 1A. All have 20mm reflectors, McR-20, Khatod20, & IMS20.

FM Finned HA-Gray, Stock Black HA, HAIII-Black 14670, HAIII-Nat 14670, FM Finned HA-Gray 14500, Finned 14500, Mirage Man Finned 14500 (My favorite).

Img_6857_1.jpg

McR-20
Img_6866.jpg

Sputtered Khatod20
Img_2368.jpg

Img_2324.jpg

Img_2312.jpg

Img_3576.jpg

Img_3583.jpg

Img_3593.jpg

Img_2339.jpg

Img_0977.jpg

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dark Zero

I wondered when you would post here. Your work is the elite of minimag mods

Monkeyboab

Newly Enlightened
Rob, where's the negative connection to the body happening in those sandwiches?

The nagative connection is made from the outer ring of the driver as you can see up through the sandwich to the top piece that contacts the un anodised surface in top of the mag tube.Total cost for them was under $8 including driver and Q5, will make a SSC P4 when I get more time I've still got a few mini mags lying around but these two have had a new lease of life. Its a tough mod too I've dropped them a few times. Darzero your mods are awesome!

Rob

Last edited:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible to purchase sandwiches that would fit a 2xAA MagLED?

The electronics in mine died in a horrible modding accident :ohgeez:

So now I have a body in need of some electronics that would fit it and work with a SSC P4 U or U2 bin LED to make it usable again.

Illum

Flashaholic
Is it possible to purchase sandwiches that would fit a 2xAA MagLED?

nope...the magLEDs lack the metal ring above the threads that retains the lamp socket and everything else in place. MagLEDs utilize a plastic snap-in piece to hold the "what appears to be a" heatsink down. :shakehead

how much do you want for that Sputtered Khatod20? :grin2:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
how much do you want for that Sputtered Khatod20? :grin2:

Sorry, someone got that out of me a while ago (not the HA-NAT Mag host though). I don't even have a Cree sandwich left for myself. I've been meaning to make me another, thank you for reminding me. :grin2: