LGI - kudos to MR Bulk

RossB

Newly Enlightened
I ordered it on the 20th and here it is, the 25th, and I have it in my hot little hands.
grin.gif

I can't add much to Craig's review, or to BuddTX's shootout. This being my first LS light, I'll just say, in brightness, it blows away everything else I have except the Streamlight Scorpion - lights up the farthest corner of the back yard (60' away) nicely. Alas, it also needed the last AA's I had, so I'll restock and retry some of the others with fresh juice tomorrow.

Ross

beamer

Newly Enlightened
Mine's on its way.The more I read about it the more certain I am that it will be a favorite and an excellent value,to boot.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
You guys are too kind -- but I'll let The Lights speak for themselves when everybody gets them...

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Charlie,

I got on the band wagon a bit late but I hope not too late. :)

- Don

RossB

Newly Enlightened
Well, with fresh AA's, the Versabrite II and the Syclone still fall short . And, the LGI's not only a bargain, but you can actually buy one...unlike the unobtainium lights out there.

Damn. A week ago, I'd have been happy with a 4-LED head on the Versabrite. Now, I've got to wait until somebody does up a bendy-head made of metal, so the LS can be heat-sinked properly. Meanwhile, the LGI goes to the top of the class.

Ross

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I got mine a few days ago... Guess it's past time to give a review.

I have 7 LS flashlights, including the LGI, three of them white (ARC LS 1st and a 'second' from lambda in a 4AA double barrel). The LGI completely and utterly blows all of them away in terms of brightness. It's also got a great beam pattern, well centered, very white with a little blue, etc.

In direct beam comparisons, the ARC looks pinkish (a very early #58), the 2nd lambda looks yellowish/greenish, and the LGI looks overwhelmingly white with just a touch of blue.

The closest comparison I have in terms of total light output and color is the LW 4000 (10 LEDs), which is a little bluer, and significantly dimmer, even using the bounce the light off the ceiling test.

I think this light produces about the optimal amount of light for my medium range purposes, somewhere between an ARC LS and a Surefire E2. The E2 is a little too bright except for long distance viewing (unless you use a beam diffuser, I suppose), and the ARC LS isn't always bright enough (usually, but not always).

It's quite a bit longer than an ARC LS (~ 3.3 LSs with 123 pack in length), but considerably slimmer for most of that length. I won't carry it around with me all day, but for grab and go lighting around the house it's perfect. A major improvement over the LW 4000, unless I need really long run times.

Really, it's a great deal, and I'm quite pleased with it. The only areas it's outperformed are in size (vs ARC LS) or runtime (vs LW 4000), but it occupies a really nice sweet spot in between them (and is brighter than either).

Kudos Mr Bulk!