Li-ion question

Status
Not open for further replies.

forexer

Newly Enlightened
If you are really washing your Li-ion battery pack in the toilet, please kill yourself now.
No, i like my life, wont commit suicide. I just wanted to get rid of the dirt from the battery, forgot that there was lithium inside :crazy:

Forexer

hoongern

Enlightened
Damn, that was on a hot plate. I';m sure mine( if it vents) won;t be as bad.

Thanks anyways

Forexer

When lithium ions explode/vent, they're all going to be the same, since they use the same chemistry cells inside them. If yours vents, it could VERY WELL be just as bad, who knows, even worse! Basically - there's absolutely now way you can conclude that yours won't be as bad. You could be right, but it could be even worse as well.

The moment an unprotected lithium cell reaches a certain temperature threshold (Due to short circuiting, internal shorts, etc.), it's gonna vent with flame. Near-explosively.

Solution - don't take any chances at all!

Hope the engineer takes care of it properly.

Just keep safe!! Better safe than sorry :) Even if nothing happens in the end.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
No, i like my life, wont commit suicide. I just wanted to get rid of the dirt from the battery, forgot that there was lithium inside :crazy:
If you are really washing your Li-ion battery pack in the toilet, please kill yourself now.
I freaked out and left it in the toilet now it's on my table.

Did you at least flush the toilet before dunking the battery in the bowl? <plop> :duh2:

I agree this is a very bizarre thing to have done, and most of us are having a hard time wrapping our minds around the concept of washing a lithium battery in a toilet.

[:crackup:] I just have to ask if it has any peculiar smells now? [/:crackup:]

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
most of us are having a hard time wrapping our minds around the concept of washing a lithium battery in a toilet
I suspect this is a language thing: "toilet" = "bathroom"

In most of the rest of the world people perform personal excretory functions in the toilet (where there is a washbasin) and wash themselves in the bathroom (where there is a bath)...

forexer

Newly Enlightened
The toilet is very clean. I has a good toilet bowl, a powerful flush and i hasn't got stuck since ages and it makes a nice sound when you flush it, you can see the twister in the water as well as some brown stuff when you s***. :cool: If that helps :)

I hasn;t exploded so far and it smells like before, no toilet smell ...

Forexer

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
The toilet is very clean. I has a good toilet bowl, a powerful flush and i hasn't got stuck since ages and it makes a nice sound when you flush it, you can see the twister in the water as well as some brown stuff when you s***. :cool: If that helps :)

I hasn;t exploded so far and it smells like before, no toilet smell ...

So much for Mr. Happy giving you the benefit of the doubt.

OK, well best of luck to you in all your illustrious endeavors.

May you live long and prosper. Just don't ask me to be your investor.

jk037

Newly Enlightened
My 2 cents: don't try to use or charge it; it's quite likely to explode/catch fire, causing injury to you and/or damage to your laptop.

Get rid; if possible, safely destroy it first. (Decided against offering suggestions on how to do this as it's a bit of a minefield ;) )

SilverFox

Flashaholic
It looks like most of the aspects of this discussion have been covered, so I will close this thread and we can all move on.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.